• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Just a shame it was the wrong month! :cry:

If you had offered 2 months ago or in October I would have snapped your arm off :sorry:

+1

Happy for the seller. It really is a sharp 9.4.

You've already got a nice 9.4 :baiting:

I do, but the centering is spectacular on Go-t-a's copy. :foryou:

Why don't we club together and buy a 9.8, you can have it for 6 months of the year and then I'll have it the other 6 months lol

Thanks $1500 with 9 days to go! It is a beautiful 9.4, perfect wrap and white pages :applause:

Good luck with that sale, looks like it's doing really well.. I appreciate you offering it back to me.. I should've taken you up on it, it's one of the nicest copies I've ever seen, or owned... :boo:

Edited by Twistty1

I do, but the centering is spectacular on Go-t-a's copy. :foryou:

Why don't we club together and buy a 9.8, you can have it for 6 months of the year and then I'll have it the other 6 months lol

Bats227CC98.jpg

I'd go in foursies on this one. 3 months a year.

Thanks $1500 with 9 days to go! It is a beautiful 9.4, perfect wrap and white pages :applause:

I personally think WPs will always sell better than the grade itself. A lot of snobs out there (me being one of them). I actually thought this book would peak at $1500, but it looks like its still got some legs left.

Is it just me, or has there been a dearth of 9.0+ copies of Tec #395 on the market for the past several months/year? It has been a while since I noticed any in the regular auctions, but maybe I just missed them. (shrug)

Edited by kimik

There's been a few 9,2s and 9.0s on eBay, but these were rather weak in grade and over priced. Other than that, I think Tec 395s and Bats 222 have been fairly scarce over the last two years in hi-grade. I had to overpay for my 9.2.

There's been a few 9,2s and 9.0s on eBay, but these were rather weak in grade and over priced. Other than that, I think Tec 395s and Bats 222 have been fairly scarce over the last two years in hi-grade. I had to overpay for my 9.2.

One of those was my gift graded second copy of Tec #395 (9.2). lol

I just find it interesting because a couple of years ago Tec #395 was easier to find in higher grades - even a number of dealers came across them - but now the supply seems to have dried up.

It is also interesting to see how many of the Tec run books are harder to find in HG than the Batman run.