• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Batman 227 the "key" Neal Adams Batman book to have?
4 4

2,411 posts in this topic

Remember when.................this book was hard to find in high grade...... :preach:

Once pressing was classed as not restoration there werent going to be too many Bronze Age books that were still going to have the 'scarce in high grade' tab. Just for the record i know who owns this book and it hasnt been pressed. :headbang:

The slight miswrap bugs me more than the date stamp. I do not understand how misrapped books get graded 9.6+. At some point centering should count regardless of it being a production defect or not.

The slight miswrap bugs me more than the date stamp. I do not understand how misrapped books get graded 9.6+. At some point centering should count regardless of it being a production defect or not.

i don't care for either of them. i suspect it's gonna go low versus other 9.6's

I think the price is going to lower simply because it's got a little competition this month. This 9.2 is going up at the same time. Not a bad wrap albeit the PQ is not as good.

RAD42A9A201295_105652.jpg

and for comparison.

RAD136212012911_12710.jpg

That 9.6 looks pretty sharp to me, especially compared to some other 9.6s I've seen come from CGC's doors recently, (no it's not my book).

I agree witth everything Teddie has said and no its not my copy either but i have held it in my hand about 2 years ago but the owner wasnt willing to sell. From memory the first things that occured to me were the fact that it was a bright clean copy, had sharp corners and that it had White pages. I didnt really take much notice of the date stamp simply because date stamps dont bother me. As for the QP it really isnt as bad as what some people think. The one's i really take a dislike to are the ones that appear like the Western Penn Avengers #116 coming up in the next foucused auction on Comiclink

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2012sept%26session%3D4%26pg%3D6%23Item%5F945156&id=945156

that for me is too obvious. I think that the only things stopping the Batman #227 from getting a 9.8 is probably the date stamp and possibly the slight wear top left. Certainly one of the better 9.6's ive seen recently.

Edited by Justin Case

That 9.6 looks pretty sharp to me, especially compared to some other 9.6s I've seen come from CGC's doors recently, (no it's not my book).

I agree witth everything Teddie has said and no its not my copy either but i have held it in my hand about 2 years ago but the owner wasnt willing to sell. From memory the first things that occured to me were the fact that it was a bright clean copy, had sharp corners and that it had White pages. I didnt really take much notice of the date stamp simply because date stamps dont bother me. As for the QP it really isnt as bad as what some people think. The one's i really take a dislike to are the ones that appear like the Western Penn Avengers #116 coming up in the next foucused auction on Comiclink

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2012sept%26session%3D4%26pg%3D6%23Item%5F945156&id=945156

that for me is too obvious. I think that the only things stopping it from getting a 9.8 is probably the date stamp and possibly the slight wear top left. Certainly one of the better 9.6's ive seen recently.

Where's the datestamp on this book?

that for me is too obvious. I think that the only things stopping it from getting a 9.8 is probably the date stamp and possibly the slight wear top left. Certainly one of the better 9.6's ive seen recently.

Where's the datestamp on this book?

He's referring to the mis-wrap/white spine, not a date stamp.

I think the price is going to lower simply because it's got a little competition this month. This 9.2 is going up at the same time. Not a bad wrap albeit the PQ is not as good.

RAD42A9A201295_105652.jpg

and for comparison.

RAD136212012911_12710.jpg

Be very careful going with a 9.6 in the current market. Prices are very volatile in the 9.6/9.8 range. I would gladly take a good solid 9.2/9.4 over that 9.6 and put the extra cash into something else.

Just some words of caution.

Kind Regards,

'mint'