• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Signature Auction Results, Astonishments, Shocks, Disappointments, etc.

417 posts in this topic

Almost $10K for the Church GA Ghost Rider #1. Could have bought the 9.4 copy for half as much and press the darn thing, yikes.

That price is loony. GR 1 was part of a big warehouse find. Very common, even in high grade.

Yup, great book but no shortage of copies that is for sure.

Are you saying that there was a warehouse find of GOLDEN AGE GR 1? I never heard that and this was a beautiful copy...not sure 10k worth as I got crushed when it went livebidding but would love to own a copy of it.

SR

Metro has a raw 9.4 copy [2nd Church copy too] asking price is $5,400 and its aside from the bottom LHC it looks pretty sharp. There are tons of high grade copies of this book available.

Aaaahhhh, good ol' NP Gresham. Haven't heard a lot about him lately ... but probably will show up this auction.

Who is that?

(In case no one answered you, I'm not reading the entire thread).

That's the name of the fake ID that Heritage employees use to shill bid the Heritage auctions (all legal in Texas, though).

Almost $10K for the Church GA Ghost Rider #1. Could have bought the 9.4 copy for half as much and press the darn thing, yikes.

That price is loony. GR 1 was part of a big warehouse find. Very common, even in high grade.

Are you saying that there was a warehouse find of GOLDEN AGE GR 1? I never heard that and this was a beautiful copy...not sure 10k worth as I got crushed when it went livebidding but would love to own a copy of it.

SR

Yes, golden age GR 1s.

second auction in a row that there is a huge disparity between the price of gobbledygook 1 and 2. Considering these came out at the same time AFAIK and were giveaways (no cover price!) and had identical print runs............ WTF is going on? dumbarses thinking #1 is the "first app" of the turtles? (no more so than #2 and I would argue neither book is the first app?)?

Thrilled with my one and only win.....I better be, it's going to be my only win for quite a while. :eek:

lf-1.jpg

(worship)(worship)

Wow, that's beautiful. Congrats Andy!

Mr. Church was not known for marking up his copies, as far as I'm aware...I wonder how that happened. Rugrat with a marker/grease pen?

SR

Yes, golden age GR 1s.

There were successive auctions of high grade copies of this book on Ebay for weeks. Showcase New England I think, but not positive. I never did get one, but I got one of the Tim Holts and the Durango Kid Atomic Weapon cover that came from the same discovery. Many had crunches on the corners, but were still 9.0-9.2 raw and pressable, and many were flat out gorgeous.

Is the live bidding for the action #2 over?
yep, and I won it :sumo:

If you're not joking send me a pm....might be interested

Of course I am kidding but I do know who won it lol

Was at the auction live this afternoon - fun times! Sparsely attended but quite enjoyable. The ASM 129s took a bath as did the GL 76 9.6.

Some of the books are really nice in person...some...not so much.

The Action 7 did sell - it was a computer glitch.

I stop watching a couple lots after the ASM 129 9.8 but all I know is I heard someone at the auction say pretty loudly "WOW" after the hammer hit on that book.

Wasn't paying attention and thought it ended up really high, then saw the end price and said wow also.

Was at the auction live this afternoon - fun times! Sparsely attended but quite enjoyable. The ASM 129s took a bath as did the GL 76 9.6.

Some of the books are really nice in person...some...not so much.

The Action 7 did sell - it was a computer glitch.

I stop watching a couple lots after the ASM 129 9.8 but all I know is I heard someone at the auction say pretty loudly "WOW" after the hammer hit on that book.

Wasn't paying attention and thought it ended up really high, then saw the end price and said wow also.

I think that was me! The group I was sitting with couldn't believe what it hammered at. We all remembered when that was a 10K-12K book.

Thrilled with my one and only win.....I better be, it's going to be my only win for quite a while. :eek:

lf-1.jpg

You're wild about that book, Andy. Now the Church! Congrats, pal.

That is a really cool book! CONGRATS! :headbang: