• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Signature Auction Results, Astonishments, Shocks, Disappointments, etc.

417 posts in this topic

will be interesting to see how that does.

anyone else underwhelmed with how the asm 4 did? (77k). based on the spideyphiles and lone 9.6 I was expecting a bigger #

This Wayne Gretzky (graded PSA 10) recently sold for a whopping $94,162.80. And it certainly doesn't look like a 10 to me.

even worse its o-pee-chee - who are these rich nut cases ?

Do o pee chee go for less? I know that as a Cdn collector (as many hockey fans are.... ) if I were into collecting hockey cards I would pay more and not less for an o pee chee. I would pretty much spit on the Topps versions

back when i collected it was the other way around. have things changed??

Was at the auction live this afternoon - fun times! Sparsely attended but quite enjoyable. The ASM 129s took a bath as did the GL 76 9.6.

Saw that! At that price I'm even thinking about it. Good thing my internet was out for the first 1.5 hrs of the auction

I got the gl 76 in 9.6...bought it for resale if anyone is interested :foryou:

This Wayne Gretzky (graded PSA 10) recently sold for a whopping $94,162.80. And it certainly doesn't look like a 10 to me.

14244a_med.jpeg

Do o pee chee go for less? I know that as a Cdn collector (as many hockey fans are.... ) if I were into collecting hockey cards I would pay more and not less for an o pee chee. I would pretty much spit on the Topps versions

O-Pee-Chees often go for more, much more. They can be very difficult to grade due to the almost torn look many of their edges have, especially during that time frame.

anyone else underwhelmed with how the asm 4 did? (77k). based on the spideyphiles and lone 9.6 I was expecting a bigger #

Considering what else you can buy for $77K? I thought it was a pretty strong price even if it is the only 9.6 right now.

14244a_med.jpeg

O-Pee-Chees often go for more, much more. They can be very difficult to grade due to the almost torn look many of their edges have, especially during that time frame.

O-Pee-Chees definitely go for more than the Topps versions of most hockey cards.

14244a_med.jpeg

Good. And so they should IMO. Cdn collectors drive that bus and we should appreciate the versions we grew up with

14244a_med.jpeg

O-Pee-Chees definitely go for more than the Topps versions of most hockey cards.

O-Pee-Chee

:cloud9:

Just the name brings back fond memories. I can still taste the gum...

looks like that Gretzky card has some torn edges on the right. Gem mint 10 my arse :)

Considering what else you can buy for $77K? I thought it was a pretty strong price even if it is the only 9.6 right now.

I think anything above 30k is nuts so I don't disagree but I'm not the market for that book and I was hearing from spideyphiles that it would do six figures or more. So either it did poorly or the expectations were 'irrational exuberance'

14244a_med.jpeg

O-Pee-Chee

:cloud9:

Just the name brings back fond memories. I can still taste the gum...

definitely - not to mention that dodgy white powder they'd put on the gum :cloud9:

I think anything above 30k is nuts so I don't disagree but I'm not the market for that book and I was hearing from spideyphiles that it would do six figures or more. So either it did poorly or the expectations were 'irrational exuberance'

The latter. I thought it might push six figures, as it is the lone 9.6, so I'm guilty of overestimating the book.

Well, considering a 9.4 is about a $20-25K book $77K is pretty strong but I do agree that when it comes highest graded Spidey, who knows?

It's definitely one of the toughest books of the early run with this being the lone 9.6.

Maybe internet lag cut a few bidders out...I've talked to a few people today who had internet trouble already.

Was at the auction live this afternoon - fun times! Sparsely attended but quite enjoyable. The ASM 129s took a bath as did the GL 76 9.6.

Saw that! At that price I'm even thinking about it. Good thing my internet was out for the first 1.5 hrs of the auction

Two terribly overrated and over priced books!

14244a_med.jpeg

No they don't, when it comes to Hockey cards in the collecting world O-Pee-Chee is king and Topps is treated like a red headed step child. Even Americans only want O-Pee-Chee hockey unless it was a year where only Topps produced cards.

Jim