• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how do you decide

29 posts in this topic

There's a risk...

But there is no way around it.

I'd personally say don't take the grade so serious. Expect a 9.6 and love it (there would be no difference to your actual book, and it would be better than it was, with signatures on it)... then if it comes back (which it should do) as a 9.8, then it's a bonus. What Sean said above was a valid point, I personally dislike cracking CGC's because it's a DOUBLE fail that way if it comes back as less than it's already grade, but you don't have that problem as the book is already raw :)

So what you guys are saying for the most part is there is no real risk here & its all just in my head ? :) Ok you guys have talked me into it :) thanks! I shall send it into dwc for a stan signing & see what happens

Thousands even.

I would be interested in hearing about that. That would be 300 or so a day for a 4 day show assuming an approx. 80% 9.8 conversion rate. Joe P? Care to jump into this ridiculous thread? :wishluck:

-1 to you for assuming Joe made it this far.

Nevermind, make that a -2

It's a big risk. But i say take it.

For the recent McFarlane signing i submitted a Batman #423 @ 9.8 and ASM #299 @ 9.6. Bats came back 9.4 & Spidey came back 9.2.

I've submitted lots of books for sigs and this is the first time i've had this large a drop in grade. Odds are it won't happen, but it can happen.

That said, if i could go back and do it over again......i would. (thumbs u

No guts, no glory.

looking at the really small scan, but if thats a color breaking crease above the bottom staple, its not a 9.8 whether you get it yellow or blue label.