• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More scarce and hi grade Silver and Gold!

163 posts in this topic

This thread continues where I left off here

I'm starting part deux as I can no longer edit the early listings in that thread.

l will leave "part one" open for now so feel free to combine items from that thread with items from this one if anything there takes your fancy!

Still lots of great stuff to come!

But there will be some scarce and/or high grade silver, a well as some tough golden age books. I may also toss in a few magazines, pulps and paperbacks, but we will see how it goes....

PLEASE READ:

Please note that I am based in the UK. I am keeping shipping costs as low as I can though prices keep escalating seemingly month by month, and at these charges I am usually subsidising sahipping to one degree or other. Here are the costs of shipping to the USA:

Raw comics: $8 by regular (uninsured) airmail or $18 insured expedited mail. Add $2 for each additional comic. UNINSURED PACKAGES SENT AT YOUR OWN RISK! But I have never, ever lost a package. (Though I'd prefer to send valuable packages by insured expedited mail.)

CGC comics $20 uninsured, or $28 via expedited mail plus $12 per addtional CGC item, maximum 3 CGC items per package.

If you combine CGC and raw items then I will only charge $2 each for the raw items.

:takeit: wins.

All non-CGC items may be returned if dissatisfied, but please note that I will only refund the cost of the item, not postage or packing either way. I will not accept returns of CGC items.

Hope that's all clear but if you have any questions please ask them before buying, not after!

PAYMENT BY PAYPAL ONLY PLEASE!

...and finally, in the immortal words of cheetah:

No probies or trolls allowed.

FIGHT COMICS #14 EDGAR CHURCH COPY CGC 9.6 $3500 SOLD!

FightComics1496MileHigh.jpg

Needless to say, this is the highest graded of two copies on the census, the other being a 2.5!

Please note that in view of the value of this item it will be sent via Fedex.

FIGHT COMICS #14 EDGAR CHURCH COPY CGC 9.6 $3500

FightComics1496MileHigh.jpg

Needless to say, this is the highest graded of two copies on the census, the other being a 2.5!

Please note that in view of the value of this item it will be sent via Fedex.

Wow, I don't think I've ever even seen that cover before....awesome! :applause:

Any high grade Schomburg covers? :wishluck:

LAWBREAKERS SUSPENSE COMICS #11 FINE PLUS $875

LawbreakersSuspenseStories1160.jpg

This is a tight, flat copy with cream to off white pages, clean edges and sharp corners. Light foxing to spine and top edge, also some on back cover. (Back cover scan available on request.) Manufactured with one staple. Perhaps just a hint of light rust on the staple - I am unsure.

NOTE: the apparent smudging on the upper right hand edge is a scanner artefact and not part of the comic.

GUARANTEED NO REPAIR OR RESTORATION.

NB: a 7.0 copy sold on Heritage yesterday for $1195 - I was the buyer. Admittedly not much of an upgrade but it is one of my all time favourite covers!

SUPERMAN'S GIRLFRIEND LOIS LANE #70 VF+ SOLD! via pm

SupermansGirlFriendLoisLane70.jpg

llbc.jpg

Tight, flat, bright copy with sharp corners and edges, from an original owner collection, at first sight appears NM or better. Conservatively graded VF+.

A great looking copy which is kept from ultra high grade by the following defects (I am being absolutely scrupulous in listing all defects, however tiny, for the sake of all you hi grade collectors out there):

Light stress at top staple.

Small manufacturing stain on top edge of pages which has slightly bled through onto top edge of back cover approx 2mm.

Very, very, very light patina of soiling to back cover which just creeps round almost undetectably to extreme top edge of front cover near spine - may be very light dust or foxing.

Pages are cream shading to light tan along bottom fringe.

Very very light tanning halo to interior covers, under 1cm deep.

A storage indentation runs parallel to the spine on the back cover from the bottom up to the lower staple.

NB tiny marks above Lois's head are a scanner artefact.

MYSTERY IN SPACE #70 NM- $350 SOLD!

mis70.jpg

Stunning copy, would be NM if not for light storage groove parallel to spine which would easily press out. Tiny near color break at mid-spine. Pages are off white to cream just shading slightly towards light tan at bottom fringe.

MYSTERY IN SPACE #70 NM- $350

mis70.jpg

Stunning copy, would be NM if not for light storage groove parallel to spine which would easily press out. Tiny near color break at mid-spine. Pages are off white to cream just shading slightly towards light tan at bottom fringe.

:takeit: