• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions regarding DWC signings - Ask DWC

86 posts in this topic

So I can get the signature and walk the book over to your table myself?

NO , always always always have the witness see the book. You will probably have the witness stand in line with you then walk with you back to the table to turn in. Don't break the witness chain of custody & you are (thumbs u

So I can get the signature and walk the book over to your table myself?

NO , always always always have the witness see the book. You will probably have the witness stand in line with you then walk with you back to the table to turn in. Don't break the witness chain of custody & you are (thumbs u

If you are the one personally getting the sigs in Dallas. You stand in the signing line and get the sig yourself and then turn it in after it is signed.

That was my understanding, but I just want to hear a clarification from DWC so I know how they want me to handle it since they are the authorized submitter for the show. I thought I heard that they would have someone stationed with Stan and JRJR at all times during signings. I just want to know how to do this so I don't screw it up.

Just to clarify something else, since I haven't gotten a SS book done at a show before, you mentioned above that I can turn the book in myself after someone like JRJR signs it. So I can get the signature and walk the book over to your table myself? I don't have to have a witness actually see the signature or the handoff of the book back to me? Please clarify this, because I don't want to screw it up and your description of standing in the line myself and then just turning the book in sounds too easy.

I'm looking to get Stan (have my own ticket) and then JRJR at Dallas, and then hand the Stan book off to you for Ayers to be added on the tour, if that is possible.

Sorry. Ronnie is correct. You need to have a witness see the books get signed. As for both Stan and John we will have a CGC witness watching the whole signing so all you need to do is once you get the book signed by either creator just find a DWC employee standing there at the table and they will direct you to the DWC/CGC booth which will be right next to the signing table. Does that help? And yes you can submit books to us at the show for the Legends Tour.

It is with great sorrow and regret that we must say goodbye to Jeffrey Catherine Jones who passed away today. And as such Desert Wind Comics is saddened to announce that Jeffrey Catherine Johns will no longer be part of the East Coast Legends Tour.

The following information has been shared with everyone regarding Ms. Jones' passing.

Legendary fantasy illustrator JEFFREY CATHERINE JONES passed away today, Thursday May 19, 2011 at 4:00 am surrounded by family. Jeffrey suffered from severe emphysema and bronchitis as well as hardening of the arteries around the heart. Jeffrey's dear friend Robert Wiener reported that there was a no resuscitation order as Jeffrey was weak from being severely under weight and had no reserves with which to fight.

In accord with Jeffrey's wishes Jeffrey will be cremated.

We have yet to hear details for a memorial service.

Jeffrey was one of the greatest talents and sweetest souls we have ever been blessed to know.

Rest in Peace, dear friend.

J. David Spurlock

Sharon and I as well as all of your friends, family and adoring fans will dearly miss you Ms. Jones. May you find peace and comfort now. God Bless.

We are working on one. lol.

Our secret lab is testing new cover stocks now and how different inks react with the paper stock to maximize ink sateration and coverage. We want to create the perfect sketch cover. Look for possible release by 2120.

Actually the truth be told is Sharon is creating a cover stock that is guaranteed to grade a 9.9 everytime. She said she could make it a 10.0 but then what fun would that be if everyone got a 10.0. (shrug)

Ohh I forgot that the cover stock will come back 9.9 when obtained for DWC customers only. If anyone outside of DWC tries to use them then they come back 7.5. :whistle:

And those of you wondering Sharon does have Master's Degree in organic chemistry.

Just got back from Day 1 of the Dallas ComicCon. I had the pleasure of meeting Chandler and Sharon for the first time after doing business with them for years. What wonderful people!!! I had an incredible time with them, getting JRJR signatures, Stan Lee signatures, Leonard Nimoy signatures, and Carrie Fisher signatures. They set up a great meet and greet with Stan Lee and John Romita Jr. My son and I got to sit and talk with them, shake hands, take pictures, and get signatures. It was a once in a lifetime experience. Thank you Sharon and Chandler for everything you do.

Just got back from Day 1 of the Dallas ComicCon. I had the pleasure of meeting Chandler and Sharon for the first time after doing business with them for years. What wonderful people!!! I had an incredible time with them, getting JRJR signatures, Stan Lee signatures, Leonard Nimoy signatures, and Carrie Fisher signatures. They set up a great meet and greet with Stan Lee and John Romita Jr. My son and I got to sit and talk with them, shake hands, take pictures, and get signatures. It was a once in a lifetime experience. Thank you Sharon and Chandler for everything you do.

I have to echo these sentiments. Chandler and Sharon work unbelievably hard at these shows, and their hard work is greatly appreciated.

The Stan Lee/John Romita Jr. meet and greet was awesome. Here are the pics I got with them:

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

DWC will be at the Phoenix Comic Con and have a booth at #920 as well as a Stan Lee Table at #377. We will be accepting all submissions for upcoming shows including the Albuquerque Comic Expo and San Diego Comic-Con as well as the DWC East Coast Legends Tour. Stop by DWC to register for a FREE Stan Lee Signature drawing as well as other great opportunities. See you there.

I am going to ship a book for this opp on Monday. What is the better way to get you (Desertwind) the book:

1) ship in its CGC Blue Label case, showing on the case where I would like the Sigs. Thus letting Derestwind prep the book.

or

2) Crack case and prep book myself, but expose book to possible shipping damage.

Also, is there a charge for Desertwind to prep the book?

Thanks!!

I am going to ship a book for this opp on Monday. What is the better way to get you (Desertwind) the book:

1) ship in its CGC Blue Label case, showing on the case where I would like the Sigs. Thus letting Derestwind prep the book.

or

2) Crack case and prep book myself, but expose book to possible shipping damage.

Thanks!!

Just a note, make sure to pack the slab just the same as if you were shipping a slab that you sold to someone. (ie lots of protection). :hi: If improperly packed, the slab can actually cause damage to the book. More so with different inner wells, but I wouldn't take any chances.

or

Thanks!!

Any opinions. (shrug)