• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying Comic Supplies.....

39 posts in this topic

Hotflips should extend their 100% win to opening a UK branch. :sumo:

I'm looking for distributors :whistle:

And thanks again everyone for the positive responses. :)

hm

How could you not go with Hotflips,best of the best! (worship)

I'd like to note that I used to buy Bags Unlimited CGC bags until I used the HotFlips ones.

The HotFlips CGC resealable bags are nicer. (thumbs u

All things being equal, why not support a forum member who has been very supportive of this forum?

+1

I'd much rather give my hard earned money to Jeff & Charles who are active members of the community and come to the boards with great sales threads. Hotflips are stand-up people and I have always been satisfied with their service.

hm

Go for it Nick. Comicanaflips :baiting:

hm

Comicflips Direct? :idea:

hm

Don't you guys forget, I started this. :sumo:

Now just get it sorted already. :sumo:

Gotta give one more shout-out for BagsUnlimited. I just had a slight problem with one of their orders, and the customer-service person sorted it all out and was very helpful. Though the other companies that deal in comic supplies are also likely to be great (HotFlips sounds like a really good one), BagsUnlimited is a pretty good option if you want all sorts of stuff (like record sleeves, paperback book sleeves, etc.) in addition to comics materials. By the way, I am in no way affiliated with BagsUnlimited or anything like that -- I just like to give credit where due, especially when the customer-service department goes the extra mile.

So I plan to purchase some mylites and fullbacks shortly. I've heard everyone speak highly of hotflips. I'm just curious: is there a reason not to buy directly from egerber, other than the availability of non-gerber products under the same roof? Thanks for any insight.

Check out this link http://comicbookcollection.webs.com/apps/links/

There's plenty of links to supplies here.. As well as links to other stuff - dealers, forums, blog sites etc.

Hope it helps :cool:

I hope he ordered already, since this was posted in May...:)

Hotflips is the way to go, I've ordered one day, and since I'm in the same State, I've gotten the items the next. Never had anything missing or damaged, and they are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

I dont order from eGerber directly because you have to actually call them.

If they had on-line ordering, or even email ordering, I would always buy directly from them, but alas, they insist on 1982 processes. :(

I actively avoid doing business with *anyone* who wants to talk on the phone. I'm busy and have better stuff to do than call people.. :shrug:

:roflmao: Must not have a girlfriend either . . .

Sure, they email and text each other all the time. :grin:

Why do I get the feeling that it's prevelant attitudes like the one stated above that have resulted in the creation of the automated call center culture that we have now. It would be refreshing sometimes to get a real person answering a phone.

All things being equal, why not support a forum member who has been very supportive of this forum?

+1

I'd much rather give my hard earned money to Jeff & Charles who are active members of the community and come to the boards with great sales threads. Hotflips are stand-up people and I have always been satisfied with their service.

Their only flaw is that they are Yankees fans. :jokealert: Otherwise, they are top notch.

hm

Go for it Nick. Comicanaflips :baiting:

hm

Comicflips Direct? :idea:

hm

Don't you guys forget, I started this. :sumo:

Now just get it sorted already. :sumo:

:applause:

116452.gif.5d4882cd3461f7fcdb1d0d4cb2b81a61.gif

I dont order from eGerber directly because you have to actually call them.

If they had on-line ordering, or even email ordering, I would always buy directly from them, but alas, they insist on 1982 processes. :(

I actively avoid doing business with *anyone* who wants to talk on the phone. I'm busy and have better stuff to do than call people.. :shrug:

:roflmao: Must not have a girlfriend either . . .

Sure, they email and text each other all the time. :grin:

Why do I get the feeling that it's prevelant attitudes like the one stated above that have resulted in the creation of the automated call center culture that we have now. It would be refreshing sometimes to get a real person answering a phone.

I order from E Gerber all the time via phone. Takes less than 5 minutes and it is refreshing to talk to a live person!!!! But hey, to each his own......