• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying Comic Supplies.....

39 posts in this topic

So I plan to purchase some mylites and fullbacks shortly. I've heard everyone speak highly of hotflips. I'm just curious: is there a reason not to buy directly from egerber, other than the availability of non-gerber products under the same roof? Thanks for any insight.

I dont order from eGerber directly because you have to actually call them.

If they had on-line ordering, or even email ordering, I would always buy directly from them, but alas, they insist on 1982 processes. :(

I actively avoid doing business with *anyone* who wants to talk on the phone. I'm busy and have better stuff to do than call people.. :shrug:

Here's a good reason to buy from Hotflips: FREE SHIPPING.

Hotflips also tends to ship out the same or the following day you order, whereas E Gerber can take weeks before the supplies even get packed.

Another is Hotflips are great guys who actively participate on the Boards.

And last but not least, Hotflips' IQ is high enough to know that a package going to New Mexico is not being shipped internationally.

I order direct from egerber fairly regularly, and fax the order in rather than calling. Even though I'm on the West Coast, I always have my product within a week's time.

I have ordered with Hotflips when the specials were good enough to overcome the shipping charges, and was very satisfied with them as well.

Since nobody here has given any love to BagsUnlimited.com, I'll chime in -- I like their stuff and they have a very easy-to-use web site. It does appear that around here they're the RC Cola to the Coke and Pepsi of Gerber and Hotflips.

When it comes to odd size stuff and "other than comics" stuff I love Bags Unlimited. Movie posters, cards (baseball, etc.), CDs, DVDs, you name it. If you want a bag or box for just about anything they have it.

I've purchased from them before as well for odd sizes... However, everyone who lives West of the Mississippi gets a 10% price increase. (Their prices include shipping.)

You can also order supplies through your LCS if they have a diamond account. If you have a good relationship, the shipping charges can be pretty reasonable as well, since they'd be shipped from the local diamond facility.

I dont order from eGerber directly because you have to actually call them.

If they had on-line ordering, or even email ordering, I would always buy directly from them, but alas, they insist on 1982 processes. :(

I actively avoid doing business with *anyone* who wants to talk on the phone. I'm busy and have better stuff to do than call people.. :shrug:

:roflmao: Must not have a girlfriend either . . .

I order direct from egerber fairly regularly, and fax the order in rather than calling. Even though I'm on the West Coast, I always have my product within a week's time.

I have ordered with Hotflips when the specials were good enough to overcome the shipping charges, and was very satisfied with them as well.

Yep, both good. :)

Since nobody here has given any love to BagsUnlimited.com, I'll chime in -- I like their stuff and they have a very easy-to-use web site. It does appear that around here they're the RC Cola to the Coke and Pepsi of Gerber and Hotflips.

Thanks!! I love Pepsi!!