• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-man 1

4 posts in this topic

Did anyone see this auction? 1)The book is sold raw. 2)It is a private auction

3)The book was checked for restoration by a reputable "high end seller" that graded the book 9.4/9.6. The E-Bay seller indicates that the book is only a 9.0 (That would make me feel real warm and cozy).4)The book originally came from an estate auction (where have I heard that one before?) On the other hand the feedback looks great so maybe it's legit?

Anyway, here is my question: Why does E-Bay allow this type of disclosure?

"I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SELL THE BOOK TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER BEFORE AUCTION END AND IF I DO NOT GET WHAT I FEEL THE BOOK IS WORTH I WILL RELIST IT AFTER THE NEW GUIDE COMES OUT.

If you are afraid that you might receive a price that you deem too low then use a reserve. There really is a reserve on this book. You will have to wait until the auction ends to find out where the reserve is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32747&item=2236638330&rd=1