• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on Page Quality/Color?

28 posts in this topic

I used to less concerned but in the past year or so I've been avoiding books below OW-W unless it's a book I've been searching for and I doubt I will see a copy with better PQ any time soon.

My impression is that many other collectors have also begun to avoid CR-OW. So, their resale value is presumably declining.

I used to less concerned but in the past year or so I've been avoiding books below OW-W unless it's a book I've been searching for and I doubt I will see a copy with better PQ any time soon.

My impression is that many other collectors have also begun to avoid CR-OW. So, their resale value is presumably declining.

That's ridiculous. I bet if I put a cream to off white book next to a off white/white book,you wouldn't know the difference. :eyeroll:

That's ridiculous. I bet if I put a cream to off white book next to a off white/white book,you wouldn't know the difference. :eyeroll:

Exactly, PQ is the last thing I look at when buying a book, as long as its not brittle I dont care.

I love the look and freshness of white pages and would prefer them all day long. There is something about a decades old comic with pages like new. :cloud9:

Having said all that, CR/OW is not a deal breaker for me. It depends on the book. It depends on the age and scarcity.

+1

as I said in another post:

These are my standards:

Moderns - White ONLY

Coppers - OW/W or higher

Bronze - Off white or higher

Silver - CROW or higher

as I said in another post:

These are my standards:

Moderns - White ONLY

Coppers - OW/W or higher

Bronze - Off white or higher

Silver - CROW or higher

Like this only one step higher

Moderns - White ONLY

Coppers - White ONLY

Bronze - OWW or White

Silver - OWW or White

If I am after a Bronze or Silver book that I think will take off before I get another chance to buy one, I will settle for CR-OW or OW

Problem is that next time it's graded, there's always a chance it could be marked down.

I take PQ as an indicator of the overall quality of the book, give or take a certain margin of error for CGC's subjectiveness from day to day. I figure a Light Tan or Tan book is that much closer to brittle.