• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Final Smallville episode tonight

39 posts in this topic

I haven't watched this series in a few years...anyone know who's been watching lately if tonight's episode will stand alone on its own pretty well, or should I wait and watch the season when it comes out on disc? I was into the first 5-6 seasons but haven't watched in a while. The previews make it look as if he'll bust out and finally become the adult Superman with full powers, so it sounds compelling to watch.

I would wait and catch the final season on DVD, IMO. They have a good bit of back story that they have to wrap up.

I have enjoyed the show for the most part (I do have some major issues with it), but am happy to see it finally ending.

By the By the GIF in your sig line is distracting :)

The longer you watch it, the more distracting it becomes. :cloud9:

Would you be so kind as to reveal the young lady's (stage) name?

I'm afraid I prefer to keep the identity of my conquests confidential. :shy:

I have loved this show and I am not pleased at all to see it ending. I thought for sure that Tom W. would go from this show and do the next Superman movie. Instead, they are casting Henry Cavill to be Clark in the upcoming 2012 "Man of Steel. This is the actor that played Humfrey in the movie "Stardust." I was laughing at some of the other cast as well. Kevin Kostner as Jonathan Kent? Really?

I'll definitely miss the series but...damn.

A season's worth of build up to a 2 second showdown?

And barely a glimpse of Darkseid's actual form?

And the ability to fly comes from "the power is in you"? That's the big epiphany?

I'm not saying the finale was "Seinfield" bad but good Lord less talk and more action folks.

3 out of 5 to be kind.

And the ability to fly comes from "the power is in you"? That's the big epiphany?

I'm not saying the finale was "Seinfield" bad but good Lord less talk and more action folks.

3 out of 5 to be kind.

I'm guessing it came down to the budget for the show. Yeh, I wanted more action as well, but was happy how they tied up some loose ends-Lex, Perry White and the Kents. The very end gave me the chills when they played the John Williams theme!

3 out of 5 to be kind.

I'm guessing it came down to the budget for the show. Yeh, I wanted more action as well, but was happy how they tied up some loose ends-Lex, Perry White and the Kents. The very end gave me the chills when they played the John Williams theme!

That was what made me the most excited about the whole finale when I heard that music....the sheer amount of commercials were killing me.

the sheer amount of commercials were killing me.

You watch live television? :o:screwy: I recorded it, I watch everything off of DVR to skip commercials. :angel:

You watch live television? :o:screwy: I recorded it, I watch everything off of DVR to skip commercials. :angel:

Exactly what I should have done but I wanted to watch this one "live".

Agreed, waaaay too many commercials.

The longer you watch it, the more distracting it becomes. :cloud9:

Would you be so kind as to reveal the young lady's (stage) name?

I'm afraid I prefer to keep the identity of my conquests confidential. :shy:

Her name is Stoya

Exactly what I should have done but I wanted to watch this one "live".

Agreed, waaaay too many commercials.

They even did the stupid, the finale will return in a moment commercials. Those really made me mad. It's not like we forgot what we were watching.

3 out of 5 to be kind.

This finale seemed...tired. Like they ran out of story and went with :blahblah::blahblah: filler and nonsensical stuff.

(oh hell...just bring the entire planet of Apokolips to earth orbit...then Clark can push it back. OK, what's the next plot hole?...) meh

The topper was that Williams theme music. :pullhair: As a Superman fan I swear I'm to the point of begging... please, please, please just let the Donner Superman claim its well deserved historical glory? :wishluck: There's no requirement it be dragged back out every :censored: time Superman sees film. :eyeroll:

I felt like I waste 2 hours of my life. I can't believe there was no big fight with Darkseid, No close up of Clark in full costume. 1st hour was so dam slow, I was like maybe a lazer will hit the church or something, and then I was thinking is that "Glactus's home ship". Oh don't get me started on those stupid Smallville moments. And then to end it all in the last 3 minutes. What a serious let down. But I did like the homage to John Williams.