• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please buy my GA books quicker than I can spend your money! .....Closed!

67 posts in this topic

Dime Detective, July 1933 in Fair/Good. Trimmed. "Torture Tavern!" A real beauty of a scarce torture/GGA/bondage painted cover with rich colors (love the leer on the villain's face!). Lead feature is an "oriental menace"-themed story. A moderate amount of tape on cover and spine, spine is worn with repairs, chipped LRC, but image area is clean. Likely a $150-180 book in VGish shape.

$60

dimetec7-33.jpg

Back

Thrilling Wonder Stories, June 1950 in VG-. Really lovely GGA sci-fi cover by Earle Bergey. (How cool is her outfit!) Very clean and attractive front cover; quite decent red spine, though both spine ends have a bit of chipping.

$16

tws6-50new.jpg

Back

Rangers #36 in 4.0. Awesome GGA cover and contents. Bold cover colors, with a bit of fading along the spine edge, wear around staples and 3/4" split at bottom spine, and a few small stains on the back cover. Nice overall.

$36 SOLD

rangers36.jpg

Back

True Life Secrets #23 in 5.0. Classic "bad girl" innuendo cover. Really pretty glossy copy looks closer to Fine, with some soft non-color-breaking bends in the upper-left quadrant.

$32 SOLD

truesecrets23.jpg

Back

Rangers #36 in 4.0. Awesome GGA cover and contents. Bold cover colors, with a bit of fading along the spine edge, wear around staples and 3/4" split at bottom spine, and a few small stains on the back cover. Nice overall.

$36

rangers36.jpg

Back

:takeit:

True Life Secrets #23 in 5.0. Classic "bad girl" innuendo cover. Really pretty glossy copy looks closer to Fine, with some soft non-color-breaking bends in the upper-left quadrant.

$32

truesecrets23.jpg

Back

$36

$32

:applause: You got 'em. Thanks!

One final book... and another I'm not eager to part with.

Jackpot #7 in 1.5/1.8. Incredibly tough wartime MLJ with a very early Archie appearance. Fantastic bondage cover! Haven't seen one of these for sale in a dog's age. Nice-presenting low-grader, but there's a small piece in the ULC that was replaced at some point... I personally would leave it, but it could probably be removed if it kept you up at night. Well-worn at staples, but cover is attached and nice for grade. Supple pages.

$165 SOLD

jackpot7.jpg

jackpot7back.jpg

Weird Science #16 in 4.5. Wonderful Wally Wood UFO/BEM cover that was the inspiration for the "Mars Attacks" trading cards of the 60s (& as a result, I've seen copies of this book spike way up on ebay). This copy would be pushing Fine, but the sub crease puts it into the VG range. Sharp otherwise, with deep cover inks, dead-on centering, nice pages.

$80

Thanks Dan!

Do you still work near me John?

Weird Science #16 in 4.5. Wonderful Wally Wood UFO/BEM cover that was the inspiration for the "Mars Attacks" trading cards of the 60s (& as a result, I've seen copies of this book spike way up on ebay). This copy would be pushing Fine, but the sub crease puts it into the VG range. Sharp otherwise, with deep cover inks, dead-on centering, nice pages.

$80

Thanks Dan!

Do you still work near me John?

Yep. We'll work it out. (thumbs u

$32

Back

Dang it!

Folks, those are the books for this thread. I'll be leaving shortly for a while, back in the late evening. Happy to listen to PM offers (within reason) on the remaining books, but I'm going to say that a "takeit" in the thread will override and win the day.

Thanks for the looks and buys so far. (thumbs u

Jon

Radio Orphan Annie's Book About Dogs, 1936. Not a comic, but a really charming Little Orphan Annie guide to dog breeds printed as a radio show promo, with b/w photos mixed with color illustrations. Booklet is 32 pages, measures 4" x 6" and is in surprisingly nice shape. There can't be too many of these left. interior spread

$9 (shipping will be cheap on this)

radioannie.jpg

Back

For my daughter Rebekah, who loves dogs.

Jackpot #7 in 1.5/1.8. Incredibly tough wartime MLJ with a very early Archie appearance. Fantastic bondage cover! Haven't seen one of these for sale in a dog's age. Nice-presenting low-grader, but there's a small piece in the ULC that was replaced at some point... I personally would leave it, but it could probably be removed if it kept you up at night. Well-worn at staples, but cover is attached and nice for grade. Supple pages.

$165

jackpot7.jpg

jackpot7back.jpg

$165

jackpot7.jpg

jackpot7back.jpg

Great book at a fair price.....

Planet Comics #69 in 2.0 (?). Flat & glossy book that presents extremely well, but the cover edges and spine are a bit weak and chippy (PQ inside is just fine). The pages do have a different issue though -- long ago, some kid drew pencil grids over a couple of the lovely ladies (see photo), presumably as a way of transfering them to drawings. Still, enjoyable low-grader that looks much better than its grade. interior 1 interior 2

$35

planet69.jpg

planet69back.jpg

$165

jackpot7.jpg

jackpot7back.jpg

Great book at a fair price.....

+1 Very cool!