• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

.5 or 1.0?

35 posts in this topic

Now that the pics are up, I will go with 0.5. The damage on the covers are way too much to get higher.

Lets see if CGC will shock us with a 1.0

They are going to shock you alright . . . clearly qualifies as a 1.0 :sumo:

If you were able to grade it from 0.50 to 1.00 what would it be? 0.75?

Folks still use PR/FR as a grade even if CGC doesn't have an equivalent number. I'd say that fits this book pretty well. Given the rounding of a G- to 1.8, maybe this would be a .8

FR+ is another grade CGC doesn't recognize. 1.2?

Got the grade back today...

It came back .5 :cry:

Alright, so now it is time to upgrade. It is a Journey 83, but I want better than a .5. Stinks, I am definitely at a loss on the book now.

Guess it happens.

Yeah, the notes said something to the effect of "complete, full spine split".

Crazy about the tape. At this point I doubt it is worth trying to break it out, tape it, resubmit it and hope for the 1.0.

The price difference between a .5 and 1.0 can't be that much. On the other hand, it is probably one of the nicer .5's out there!

Looking at the bright side, it is one of only four universal label .5's out there! Maybe that rarity will add to the value! hm

Maybe if I get it back before Philly, I will take it along as trade bait for something else. I don't know!

The price difference between a .5 and 1.0 can't be that much. On the other hand, it is probably one of the nicer .5's out there!

Great attitude (thumbs u I calculate its (guide) value as $212 @ 0.5 & $425 @ 1.0 based on 2.0 being worth $850

Hah, you want to upgrade and so do I. From 0.0 to 0.5 counts as an upgrade, right? :)

But hey, if this one isn't to your liking then eventually you'll probably want to find it a new home!