• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

.5 or 1.0?

35 posts in this topic

I have a Journey 83 that I submitted (slow route) that won't get graded for 3 weeks I am guessing, but since I am anxious my hope was to get an opinion on if it can get a 1.0 as opposed to a .5.

The book is complete and the interior is intact. The cover is completely detached, separated into front and back pieces, and the spine is frayed to hell. The colors are bright for the condition and believe it or not there is still some reflectivity. Pages are cream. Aside from being split into two pieces the covers are complete and no major pieces missing.

I think I might have a scan at home that I will post later if I can find it. I know it is tough to say without the scan but can a book with a completely detached/split cover make a 1.0?

I am getting graded primarily for protection, but I would feel so much better if it wasn't a .5!

I think I might have a scan at home that I will post later if I can find it.

Please do. It will be very helpful in determining the difference between .5 and 1.0

I have seen 0.5 AF 15 CGC slab with the cover completely split and a corner piece missing on the cover of about 1" to 1.5" size.

so if you have no missing large piece like that, perhaps the book has a shot at 1.0 but pics will help.

I have a Journey 83 that I submitted (slow route) that won't get graded for 3 weeks I am guessing, but since I am anxious my hope was to get an opinion on if it can get a 1.0 as opposed to a .5.

The book is complete and the interior is intact. The cover is completely detached, separated into front and back pieces, and the spine is frayed to hell. The colors are bright for the condition and believe it or not there is still some reflectivity. Pages are cream. Aside from being split into two pieces the covers are complete and no major pieces missing.

I think I might have a scan at home that I will post later if I can find it. I know it is tough to say without the scan but can a book with a completely detached/split cover make a 1.0?

I am getting graded primarily for protection, but I would feel so much better if it wasn't a .5!

I've gotta think this drops it down to the 0.5 range... :sorry:

Didn't think about that with the tape. :(

Okay, here are the scans...

JiM82-f.jpg

JiM83-b.jpg

Pretty messy. I guess if it comes back a .5, I will go the route of trying to upgrade...

I'd give it a 1.0...There aren't any missing chunks from the cover and if the pages are are solid too...I think it has a shot ...

( :gossip: I scored really low in the grading contest though... lol )

A great book. One you can still hold without worry. And the focal point of the cover looks sharp. I am a fan, but it's a coin flip between the two grades. Probably .5