• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Disney trademarks "SEAL Team 6"

13 posts in this topic

Just two days after the killing of Bin Laden...

Bawlzy.....

Just to make this comic related... maybe this means we could see SEAL Team 6 pop up in the Marvel Universe?

When I saw your title I thought of the animal and assumed it was for a new Disney kids series.. oops.... =]

isnt that akin to trying to trademark "U.S. Army"?

also i believe they applied for the trademark - doesn't necessarily mean they will get it.

someone needs to tell Disney that SEAL teams are not anything new...no one over there ever played Modern Warfare 2?

They probably trademarked the name for a forthcoming movie.

Remember that Disney owns Touchstone, the movie studio responsible for such "adult-oriented" gems as "Crimson Tide," "Pretty Woman," "Dead Poets Society," "Con Air," "Enemy of the State," and "Armageddon."

Yes--all of those were technically Disney films.

They probably trademarked the name for a forthcoming movie.

Remember that Disney owns Touchstone, the movie studio responsible for such "adult-oriented" gems as "Crimson Tide," "Pretty Woman," "Dead Poets Society," "Con Air," "Enemy of the State," and "Armageddon."

Yes--all of those were technically Disney films.

A yes, pretty woman. The wonderful disney movie about a hooker. Hopefully disney won't be able to actually trade mark a government military team.

Guys I hate to break it too you but its for a new cartoon film. This is about a group of Sea Lions, How I know? I work for an Aquarium and they are looking and doing a study on our Sea Lions.

I'd love to see Disney try to deliver a cease and desist letter to those guys lol

lol:applause:

That was pretty good.

On a (barely) related note, my daughter has been watching old Disney shorts on the Disney website. One of her favorites is "Mickey & the Seal".

If any parents out there haven't checked out the site, I highly recommend it. You can stream lots of old cartoons. Much better than the stuff on TV today (which all seem to be an entire half-hour long).