• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metro sells Fantastic Four #1 9.4 for $300k

88 posts in this topic

Thats a sharp looking FF#1!!! And white pages alone has to be worth $50k of the asking price!!

But it is reflective of whats happening in the market... uber keys are on a skyrocket price wise, and everything else is dead in the water unless it's top of the census.

If its the copy that sold in the Parrino auction in 2002, it's an awesome copy and probably a good deal at that price. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thats the copy that Doug Schmell sold last year. Prettiest of all the 9.4 copies.

Don't think it was the copy that Parrino had but I'm not 100% sure.

Maybe its the scan but for me, the 9.4 is the nicer book no question.

The 9.6 looks browned out like 99.9% of every FF1 i have ever seen. That 9.4 is INSANE and looks right off the rack fresh (thumbs u

I'm so used to seeing copies of FF #1 that look gray. This is the brightest copy I've ever seen. This is a family heirloom...I wonder if this result will influence the ow/w 8.5 copy on Clink right now.

I was wondering why the higher census copies were so pricey, then I noticed how many were Restored. doh!

Thats the copy that Doug Schmell sold last year. Prettiest of all the 9.4 copies.

Don't think it was the copy that Parrino had but I'm not 100% sure.

....it isn't.....I might be able to dig up a small scan tommorrow, but it was an old label OW/W and a very solid 9.4.....the spine is different from that copy. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The 9.6 looks browned out like 99.9% of every FF1 i have ever seen. That 9.4 is INSANE and looks right off the rack fresh (thumbs u

It's the scans. Even the blues in the two labels are different.

Although the scan might be tweaked a little bit, that FF #1 9.4 is white and bright just like it looks in the scan. It's a killer copy and one I've been hunting down for nearly a year after Doug sold it.

(thumbs u