• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canada Post on strike May 25/11

37 posts in this topic

you having to be :censored:ING kidding me. I have a huge package in transit. :censored: me
:baiting:

At least he seems to be taking it well. hm

At least he has a huge package. That has to count for something. :(

Yeah, but it's in transit. I'd be concerned about shelf life. :eek:

I wonder if it's one of those "Handle with care" packages or if it's wearing a spiked collar and can bark like a pit bull. hm

:censored:!!!!!!!
I knew about the potential strike for a few months.

Maybe you should post less about your lame hobbies and keep up with the current events.

:banana:

Don't be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. Only reason you know is because you're in the civil service

:censored:!!!!!!!
I knew about the potential strike for a few months.

Maybe you should post less about your hobbies and keep up with the current events.

:banana:

Don't be a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. Only reason you know is because you're in the civil service

I know cuz I read it on CBC. Like I get updates about Canada Post from my job.

:baiting:

OK then you just have too much time on your hands :P
Sez the person who's billing their clients while he's posting. :baiting:

OK then you just have too much time on your hands :P
Sez the person who's billing their clients while he's posting. :baiting:

Ha! I wish. If only it were that easy to bill time.

you have to be :censored:ING kidding me. I have a huge package in transit. :censored: me

Don't worry, Canada Post can always hire more prisoners to move the backlogged mail (your precious and fragile framed artwork?) once the strike is over ... just like they do during X-mas rush. :wishluck::baiting:

you have to be :censored:ING kidding me. I have a huge package in transit. :censored: me

Don't worry, Canada Post can always hire more prisoners to move the backlogged mail (your precious and fragile framed artwork?) once the strike is over ... just like they do during X-mas rush. :wishluck::baiting:

Try posting something new for once. Getting old with the rehash posts. zzz

Try posting something new for once. Getting old with the rehash posts. zzz
:(:baiting:

Strike averted as Canada Post workers present new contract proposal

(The Canadian Press) – 1 hour ago

OTTAWA — It appears a strike by Canada Post workers has been averted, at least for now.

The union representing urban postal workers presented a new contract proposal Sunday and decided not to give the 72 hour notice needed to take job action.

The Canadian Union of Postal Workers says its proposal includes important compromises.

It says the proposal covers all unresolved issues at the bargaining table, which include wages and benefits, staffing levels and working conditions.

Canada Post will only say negotiations continue and it's focused on reaching a settlement.

The union had threatened job action if a deal wasn't reached by this week. The lack of a 72-hour notice effectively means the earliest the union could strike would be Friday.

An earlier agreement covering some 50,000 employees expired on Jan. 31, and talks on a new deal began last fall.

Last week, Canada Post reached an agreement with the union to bring in volunteer postal workers to deliver cheques to pensioners and those on social assistance should a labour disruption occur.

Federal Labour Minister Lisa Raitt urged both sides to reach a deal to avert a potential disruption of the country's mail service.

Man they where just on strike like last year. What a bunch of greedy sobs. Think last time mail just got slow since pretty sure they fall under the mandatory act thingy.

Not that it matters but the last Canada Post strike was in 1997 that lasted 2 weeks before workers were legislated back to work,,Should be the same if nothing gets settled :gossip: