• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED - Some PLATINUM and GA Goodness (1st Barks; Popeye; Disney; more)

198 posts in this topic

Will take these at 1/2 off:

Bringing Up Father Series #19 $20

The Adventures of Mickey Mouse Book 1 (David McKay). First Disney book $15

Mickey Mouse Stories Book #2 (David McKay 1934). A slightly nicer copy. VG overall (spine strip coming loose at bottom). $35

:takeit:

And just to recap what is still available from yesterday and before we have:

Buck Rogers Paint Book (Whitman 1935). $50

Six Popeye books $100

Charlie Chaplin's Comic Capers (Series 1) from 1917 (Segar) $80

Walt Disney's Story of Mickey Mouse, Walt Disney's Story of Dippy the Goof, and 2 copies of Walt Disney's Story of Clarabelle Cow. All four for $100

Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf (David McKay 1934) $15

Mickey Mouse Stories Book #2 (David McKay 1934). GD overall (missing red spine strip). $15

Mickey Mouse Stories Book #2 (David McKay 1934). A slightly nicer copy. VG overall (spine strip coming loose at bottom). $35

Little Orphan Annie Color Book (1930 McLoughlin Bros). $65

Mickey Mouse Coloring Book (1931 Saalfield). RARE $100

Walt Disney's Bambi Cut-Out Book (1942 Whitman). Unused $100

Kaptain Kiddo and Puppo (Frederick Stokes pub, 1910) $20

These prices are already discounted from Guide but for these items I'm going to offer a crazy 50% off of these listed prices.

:takeit: Ill take anything else on this list that is available at 50% off.

Back to the 1930s with this Popeye book. "Popeye and His Friends" by Segar (1937 Whitman). Hardcover with SCARCE Dust Jacket. 4 color illustrations on glossy color plates - the rest filled with B&W illustrations. Really nice condition. $50

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00458.jpg

DSC00459.jpg

:takeit:

These prices are already discounted from Guide but for these items I'm going to offer a crazy 50% off of these listed prices.

You, sir, show a discriminating palate! lol

HOLY CARP!

At half off the listed prices I believe I woulda taken the whole kaboodle myself!

Congrats to all!

Alright lets step briefly back in time to the Victorian Age for these next two items. These are two EXTREMELY SCARCE Humpty Dumpty books from the 19th Century. Both are very important works and are considered classics.

First is THE WONDERFUL ADVENTURES OF HUMPTY DUMPTY New York: McLoughlin Bros, circa 1868. Quarto. Pictorial wraps with some tape on the spine. VG overall. There are twelve pages of text and twelve pages of wonderful color plates. Nast worked for McLoughlin during his early days (before his political cartoon life took over) and produced this wonderful book. Not in Overstreet but really should be. $400

DSC00450.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

:takeit: per pm

The next is HUMPTY DUMPTY AND HIS WONDERFUL ADVENTURES. Cincinnati: Peter G. Thomson, no date, circa 1885. Quarto (9 x 10 1/4”), pictorial wraps, GD/VG with some paper missing at the lower left corner. Wraps have become partially separated and but are still attached at the top. The adventures of Humpty Dumpty, the Clown, the Harlequin and Columbine is told in verse. Illustrated with 6 superb color lithographs signed “JBG” plus a great color cover. This is a fabulous, well printed toy book and very scarce. $350

DSC00453.jpg

DSC00454.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

:takeit: per pm

Don't worry..there is more to come. Hopefully tonight I'll get to post some. And I hope no one is getting bored by the thread. I know it's not your standard comic fare but I thought that many of the boardies would like to see this material

And just to recap what is still available from yesterday and before we have:

Buck Rogers Paint Book (Whitman 1935). $50

Six Popeye books $100

Charlie Chaplin's Comic Capers (Series 1) from 1917 (Segar) $80

Walt Disney's Story of Mickey Mouse, Walt Disney's Story of Dippy the Goof, and 2 copies of Walt Disney's Story of Clarabelle Cow. All four for $100

Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf (David McKay 1934) $15

Mickey Mouse Stories Book #2 (David McKay 1934). GD overall (missing red spine strip). $15

Little Orphan Annie Color Book (1930 McLoughlin Bros). $65

Mickey Mouse Coloring Book (1931 Saalfield). RARE $100

Walt Disney's Bambi Cut-Out Book (1942 Whitman). Unused $100

Kaptain Kiddo and Puppo (Frederick Stokes pub, 1910) $20

Josh gets the rest on this list at 50% off ^^