• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED - Some PLATINUM and GA Goodness (1st Barks; Popeye; Disney; more)

198 posts in this topic

Don't worry..there is more to come. Hopefully tonight I'll get to post some. And I hope no one is getting bored by the thread. I know it's not your standard comic fare but I thought that many of the boardies would like to see this material

Not boring at all...as others have said it's great to see some of these (very) old, seldom seen comics. There's several I would have taken if I hadn't been beat to the punch.

Great thread :applause:

:takeit: per PM

Here is some Mickey Mouse Gum Cards from 1934. Some creases (one heavily so) but you don't find these every day. Accompanying these are 2 tiny Mickey paperbound books from Whitman (1934). "Mickey Mouse at the Carnival" and "Mickey Mouse Will Not Quit". "Carnival" is in nice shape, "Will Not Quit" looks to be missing the title page. Still you don't come across these everyday. And at a board friendly price of $40 for all

DSC00460.jpg

Starting off tonight with some vintage comic character sheet music. 3 original pieces from Snow White, I from Disney's "Saludos Amigos" and the last from Billy Debeck's Barney Google. $40 for all

DSC00463.jpg

DSC00464.jpg

"A Story of Our Gang" (Whitman, 1929) Hardcover. Book Condition: VG+. Almost no wear at all (very minor scuffing spine ends and edges) and only very minor soil. Story with action photos and full-page portraits of Wheezer, Farina, Mary Anne Jackson, Jean Darling, Harry & Joe Cobb. Pictures by STAX. $40

DSC00471.jpg

Another copy of "Donald's Lucky Day" (Whitman 1939). Upper corner folded and bound under spine strip (production error). Nice copy overall. $20

DSC00465.jpg

:takeit: