• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you....

6 posts in this topic

OK, I had posted on the "Definitive Wolverine moment..." thread and I did go back and re-read a couple of issues...perusing the artwork and skimming over the words I have read a million times.

And then it dons on me how I actually read a comic... I go through the artwork before actually reading the book. I love to check out whatever splash pages made it into the issue. Then I go back and read through...

Is this how most people do it? Check artwork first then read story...or simply start on page one and go through to the end, reading and admiring the art at the same time? I know most people check through a book at the lcs, without reading much...but what about when you get home?

I'm one of those weird people that puts story first...

To be honest I hardly notice the art at all...

Only time when I do notice it is when it's very good or very bad, I have a pretty large collection of comics books and I think I would only recognise 4 or 5 artists by their style (Kirby, McFarlane, Mignola, Peter Bagge and maybe John Romita)

And yes I miss a lot of stuff, by concentrating on story/dialogue....

Oh but I do read letters and editorials tongue.gif