• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Just Found Out...

24 posts in this topic

You can crack a book out of a PGX slab and then got the PGX slab to seal back perfectly.

I didn't think that was supposed to be possible.

I only have a couple, but I use them for this express reason. They make perfect wall holders and I can change out the book to whatever I want to look at. Somehow I don't think this was their original use plan lol

That seals it: No more PGX slabs for me. They may be stronger/more durable than the CGC slabs, but I'd like them to at least be tamper evident, if not tamper proof...

That seals it: No more PGX slabs for me. They may be stronger/more durable than the CGC slabs, but I'd like them to at least be tamper evident, if not tamper proof...

Not to rain on this parade, but so you can crack it, but the book is still sealed in a vacuum sleeve. :baiting:

WEBHEAD

none are tamper proof...

CAL the fixer-upper

Tamper evident matters, I think we'll all agree ;)

Even if a given comic is in a vacuum sleeve, couldn't an enterprising robojo or bijoubaby apprentice use their own vacuum sealer to complete the switch?

At least place some tamper evident seals on or within the slab...

You can crack a book out of a PGX slab and then got the PGX slab to seal back perfectly.

I didn't think that was supposed to be possible.

:o

And isn't today Judgement Day!

So are you saying that cracking the PGX slab was the equivalent of breaking the seventh seal?! :o

Not to rain on this parade, but so you can crack it, but the book is still sealed in a vacuum sleeve. :baiting:

WEBHEAD

no to rain on your parade, but the fear is that you will get a book that's lower grade or restored that was also in a PGX slab. and thus, also still sealed in the inner well.

so basically, to paraphrase Jesse Jackson, your point is moot

WEBHEAD

no to rain on your parade, but the fear is that you will get a book that's lower grade or restored that was also in a PGX slab. and thus, also still sealed in the inner well.

:applause:

WEBHEAD

:applause:

+1

Yeah, but I've tried to remove the PGX label and it ripped because it was glued so tight. It's also really obvious if you cut the label holder off to take the book out.

It DOES snap back together pretty easily though.