• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Austin -- Nov 11-13, 2011

137 posts in this topic

Leaving in about an hour. Got 2 1/2 van loads of supplies and comics im bringing down. See you all there.

Maybe we can get good barbeque without losing our hearing this weekend.

That would be awesome.

Stubb's barbecue is within walking distance of the convention center and is not only well known, but is pretty good also.

There's also a Fogo de Chao next to the convention center of which I'm making reservations at probably for Friday night if anyone wants to join.

:gossip: there may be a special guest or two

Leaving in about an hour. Got 2 1/2 van loads of supplies and comics im bringing down. See you all there.

Maybe we can get good barbeque without losing our hearing this weekend.

That would be awesome.

Stubb's barbecue is within walking distance of the convention center and is not only well known, but is pretty good also.

There's also a Fogo de Chao next to the convention center of which I'm making reservations at probably for Friday night if anyone wants to join.

:gossip: there may be a special guest or two

Fogo is a great choice....wish I could make it Friday night.....

I always look forward to a trip to Fogo every time we are in Austin. My wife is probably coming with me on the trip, so my availability for a board dinner on Saturday is likely to be a gametime decision.

By the way, this is what I look like so if anyone sees me wandering around the floor feel free to say hi. I probably won't be carrying these books, but you never know...

Me.jpg

I always look forward to a trip to Fogo every time we are in Austin. My wife is probably coming with me on the trip, so my availability for a board dinner on Saturday is likely to be a gametime decision.

By the way, this is what I look like so if anyone sees me wandering around the floor feel free to say hi. I probably won't be carrying these books, but you never know...

Me.jpg

I remember meeting you last year.....

I remember meeting you too. I don't know if I remember what you look like, but you were one of the first boardies I have met at a show and I think the only one besides Richard (Bedrock) I met at Austin last year.

I remember meeting you too. I don't know if I remember what you look like, but you were one of the first boardies I have met at a show and I think the only one besides Richard (Bedrock) I met at Austin last year.

FYI, when you meet Watson at the show, please try to not stare at his lazy eye. I swear, sometimes I think his right eye is trying to move over into the left socket.

For those who may have missed it:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/11/08/truck-full-of-valuable-comics-stolen-on-way-to-wizard-world-austin/

Be on the lookout!

For those Dealers going to Austin...I hope it is a great weekend!

Yep, there is a post in General about this. Link Thanks for listing the story.

Me.jpg

It would be much easier to recognize you if you were carrying them around. :baiting:

It would be much easier to recognize you if you were carrying them around. :baiting:

lol Maybe, but that would make it tough to carry my briefcase and/or convention swag (if they have any this year).