• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Austin -- Nov 11-13, 2011

137 posts in this topic

We found a La Quinta a half mile from the Convention Center that will be $125 a night plus the $13 mandatory valet parking. After our great experience with La Quinta in Dallas I am willing to give them another shot, especially for this price. Not bad considering we paid like $250 a night for our room last year...

La Quinta

Just booked at the La Quinta I linked to above. Only $115 a night + tax/valet parking! :banana: Hotels in downtown Austin can get pretty pricey, so if you are planning on going to the con I'd suggest trying to book a room sooner rather than later to get a deal.

Edit: UT is at Missouri that weekend, so that should help with the hotels. Last year the Longhorns were at home the weekend of the con so that strained the hotel situation a bit...

I hope they don't cancel or TBA it. It was a good show last year with the potential to grow in the future, and I made some great buys. I find it hard to believe that Texas couldn't support this show. Same with the Dallas con that was really pretty good this year with a ton of potential for future growth. If you're within reasonable driving distance of this show you really ought to check it out.

Last year's con report and of course you can't forget Poison Ivy.

hm

You should check this show out! I have seen you say that you never get to cons so here is your chance!

Will Bedrock be there?

He had a big booth last year.

hm hm

Bedrock and Worldwide were there for sure, and I seem to remember Graham Crackers and Harley Yee as well. Duncanville Bookstore had a booth, and Austin Books and Comics had a large booth but minimal comics (but of course you can always stop by their fantastic store on your way out of town).

hm

You should check this show out! I have seen you say that you never get to cons so here is your chance!

Will Bedrock be there?

He had a big booth last year.

hm hm

Bedrock and Worldwide were there for sure, and I seem to remember Graham Crackers and Harley Yee as well. Duncanville Bookstore had a booth, and Austin Books and Comics had a large booth but minimal comics (but of course you can always stop by their fantastic store on your way out of town).

hm hm hm