• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Introducing myself

61 posts in this topic

No: who's that?

It is one of the guys that Rob Granito made up during his recent scammer meltdown. Just ignore DiceX; he is amusing himself.

You wish you could ignore me, my fiery little man-toy. :sumo:

Ah... That guy actually used one of the pieces I did with Jonboy Meyers, a Hellboy commission, as one of his 'originals'...

Welcome to the board, Mark. I was just joking with you.

We will all enjoy your insider's view of the business we love so much. (thumbs u

No: who's that?

It is one of the guys that Rob Granito made up during his recent scammer meltdown. Just ignore DiceX; he is amusing himself.

Jeez. Did Dice leave his camera on again while posting?

doh!

Re: The Blob: I'm not a penciler for a few reasons... Too slow, and frankly, not good enough. I can draw reasonably well, but laying out pages, doing backgrounds, etc.- not really my cup of tea. Easier for me to do quick sketches at cons of headshots, that sort of thing.

-----------

Rob, I'm sure you're plenty good enough (though not fast enough is probably the issue). If Rob Liefield can make millions drawing comics I'm sure you're plenty good enough.

But yeah, backgrounds is what would eat me alive (putting aside being too slow). Even pretty good pencillers stop being able to do them at some point (see, e.g., John Buscema - mid-80's Conan; Sal Buscema - just about anything he did in the 90's).

Just curious. Sometimes it's hard for us to know what inkers do. A bad inker can make things worse. A great inker can refine something that's already good and make it better (Byrne/Austin), but a lot of us don't know how a good inker can make mediocre work look pretty good, etc. and i suspect it happens plenty.

Welcome. How do you feel about pressing?