• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade -Part III

14 posts in this topic

Depending on the severity of the stress lines on the spine and the page quality, at least 9.0

That cover is just so damn gorgeous in both condition and design that it gets an automatic .2 bump - at least 9.2

The spine stress actually look better in person. They also hardly break any color.

Hint: Look how sharp the corners are and even though the overhang bends a touch in the middle, there is zero color break.

No correct answer so far.

OK then, 9.4. That's my final offer.

The spine stress actually look better in person. They also hardly break any color.

Hint: Look how sharp the corners are and even though the overhang bends a touch in the middle, there is zero color break.

No correct answer so far.

I thought the book was a 9.6, with no chance of being anything other than a 9.6.

It's a 9.6 with Off-White to White pages (ties for highest CGC). acclaim.gif

Unfortunately, I also have known for the past decade that it was the nicest Silver-Age book in my collection. So I probably don't have anymore ungraded 9.6's. boo.gif

Congrats, Steve. I have a hard time agreeing with a 9.6 because of the multiple spine stresses I can see, but it's really a pretty book regardless. The cover inks are stunningly vivid and I'd rather have cover inks that look like that than have a book that is duller but has a perfect spine. thumbsup2.gif

I thought the book was a 9.6, with no chance of being anything other than a 9.6.

It's a 9.6 with Off-White to White pages (ties for highest CGC). acclaim.gif

Unfortunately, I also have known for the past decade that it was the nicest Silver-Age book in my collection. So I probably don't have anymore ungraded 9.6's. boo.gif

This one...a 9.4. Yeah, it's got a few things, but it's old and that will help.... a lot.

Thanks for letting us play....Can't wait to see what they come in at.

I've already given the answers.

This was a 9.6.

Read the other ones for the answers (you got one right and were too low on the first one).