• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,915 posts in this topic

What I don't get as far as the grading techniques is why is the mis wrap not taken more into account of the grade from an "Aesthetics" point of veiw? It is obvious on first appearance that the "curb" appeal of the 9.2 is much greater than the 9.6 with the bad wrap. Do any of you folks know the technique CGC uses to grade these books in regards to what gets taken off (against the grade) and what gets ignored? (such as printing defects or what ever?). Because it sure would seem to me that I would not even think of paying a 9.6 price to a book that appears to be less "attractive" than a 9.2.

Just a random thought.....Sorry if I am rambling.... :blahblah:

Edited by krey

My copy is properly centered.

Your junk copy wraps to the back. :baiting:

I'd rather have that so that there is some space between the CCA & the right edge of the cover. Your copy looks fishy with the CCA so close to the edge. Isn't it a Ewert copy you haven't bothered to send back to CGC? :baiting:

Go press the edges because otherwise, it pales. :whistle:

Scanning defect.

Clean the streaks off your case. Sterling will tell you how critical that is. doh!

Scratches, dork. (shrug)

I was trying to be nice. Scratches? That's even worse! doh!

Clean the streaks off your case. Sterling will tell you how critical that is. doh!

OK, let me go with you to the car dealer when you buy the car and I'll key it for you. Same idea. :P

Nope, the scratches on the case don't affect the comic in the slab or the grade on the label. But if they did..... :o

I'd rather have that so that there is some space between the CCA & the right edge of the cover. Your copy looks fishy with the CCA so close to the edge. Isn't it a Ewert copy you haven't bothered to send back to CGC? :baiting:

Scanning defect.

Scratches, dork. (shrug)

Not as bad as the ones on the 205 :P

Scanning defect.

Scratches, dork. (shrug)

I've cleaned them off. The 205 slab is now restored. :jokealert:

Scanning defect.

Scratches, dork. (shrug)

I've cleaned them off. The 205 slab is now restored. :jokealert:

:foryou:

OK, let me go with you to the car dealer when you buy the car and I'll key it for you. Same idea. :P

Nope, the scratches on the case don't affect the comic in the slab or the grade on the label.

Well, it technically doesn't impact the operation of the vehicle either. The problem in both cases is that you know it's there and it drives you :insane:

Nope, the scratches on the case don't affect the comic in the slab or the grade on the label.

Well, it technically doesn't impact the operation of the vehicle either. The problem in both cases is that you know it's there and it drives you :insane:

I'd be more worried if they were actually on the comic, but I kinda see your point. (thumbs u

One of my favorite covers in the run.

That guy's lunatic expression is quite disturbing and just makes this cover great! (thumbs u

lol That is one of my all-time favorite Bronze covers and I have never noticed his expression. I wonder why... :devil:

That guy's lunatic expression is quite disturbing and just makes this cover great! (thumbs u

lol That is one of my all-time favorite Bronze covers and I have never noticed his expression. I wonder why... :devil:

I'll second that. Great observation Jayman! For some reason, never really loved that cover and didn't notice the diabolical madman grin on that guy. Combining that with shiverbone's fantastic copy/scan of the cover, and I am a newly minted fan of that cover after seeing it many, many times!

lol

Jay nailed the #1 reason why I love that cover, #2 for me is the feeling of drowning is palpable. There really hadn't been a cover where someone is drowning since before the code, it's actually a pretty intense image.

The guy's crazed expression coupled with the girl's look...not so much that she ran out of air but that she'd been scared to death is the clincher for me.

LD is the one who nailed it! (worship)