• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,915 posts in this topic

Some of these Marvel BA scans (COS 8) are lifted from the precode era...and inevitably created another venue for my collecting interests...half the fun of these Marvel BA horror titles is researching the various reprints and covers back to its source...

6z7r1ar.jpg:cloud9:

Although it's not bronze, I couldn't help but want to share this with you guys, since I think it will appeal to similar minded collectors.

So I'm at the local bookstore sitting in the graphic novel section with my nephew.

I pick up this small digest with modern stories and artwork modeled on tales from the crypt and start reading.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/159707084X/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link

Inside there's this great story, where during the prologue the two witches are arguing about slabbed comics. The 1st one finds a slabbed comic buried with some guy in his grave, and she says, "what's this plastic junk?", then cracks it. The other one scolds her and tells her that comic collectors pay big money for those kinds of things.

It leads into a story where this little kid has a Just-Us league 1 that his father and grandfather passed down to him (his prized possession), and his mean brother in-law beats him up and steals it to sell for some loan shark he owes money to.

Anyways, he takes it to the seedy part of town where this weird guy runs a hole in the wall comic shop that, once entered, turns into a gigantic labyrinth of wall to wall super-hero comics. The crazy old guy starts telling the kid that comics provide energy, and starts babbling about how all the good and evil in the world resides in comics. The kid, thinking the old man's off his rocker, notices an isolated comic in a glass case. The old guy tells him it's the most valuable comic, and he could sell it and retire if he wanted to. The title is something like Evil Inside. So the kid shows him his comic (expecting $200 from the price guide) and the old guy says, "hmm.. interesting. Good archetypal hero title -- I'll give you 5 bucks". He tells the kid it's been read too many times and it's too worn to be worth much more. The horrified kid (desperate to pay the loan shark) gets so mad he kills the old man with a crowbar and uses the man's thumb to open the glass case (biometric lock) with the evil comic.

Somehow, the kid finds out he's trapped inside the comic, and the old man is laughing, holding the comic with the horrified and pleading kid on the cover. The old man says something like, now I know what I missed out on all those years of collecting non-horror, all the energy is in the horror comics!!

I believe the writer, Stefan Petrucha, wrote the X-Files in the 1990s for Topps with Charles Adlard on art chores...

Originally Posted By: bronze_rules
Although it's not bronze, I couldn't help but want to share this with you guys, since I think it will appeal to similar minded collectors.

So I'm at the local bookstore sitting in the graphic novel section with my nephew.

I pick up this small digest with modern stories and artwork modeled on tales from the crypt and start reading.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/159707084X/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link

Inside there's this great story, where during the prologue the two witches are arguing about slabbed comics. The 1st one finds a slabbed comic buried with some guy in his grave, and she says, "what's this plastic junk?", then cracks it. The other one scolds her and tells her that comic collectors pay big money for those kinds of things.

It leads into a story where this little kid has a Just-Us league 1 that his father and grandfather passed down to him (his prized possession), and his mean brother in-law beats him up and steals it to sell for some loan shark he owes money to.

Anyways, he takes it to the seedy part of town where this weird guy runs a hole in the wall comic shop that, once entered, turns into a gigantic labyrinth of wall to wall super-hero comics. The crazy old guy starts telling the kid that comics provide energy, and starts babbling about how all the good and evil in the world resides in comics. The kid, thinking the old man's off his rocker, notices an isolated comic in a glass case. The old guy tells him it's the most valuable comic, and he could sell it and retire if he wanted to. The title is something like Evil Inside. So the kid shows him his comic (expecting $200 from the price guide) and the old guy says, "hmm.. interesting. Good archetypal hero title -- I'll give you 5 bucks". He tells the kid it's been read too many times and it's too worn to be worth much more. The horrified kid (desperate to pay the loan shark) gets so mad he kills the old man with a crowbar and uses the man's thumb to open the glass case (biometric lock) with the evil comic.

Somehow, the kid finds out he's trapped inside the comic, and the old man is laughing, holding the comic with the horrified and pleading kid on the cover. The old man says something like, now I know what I missed out on all those years of collecting non-horror, all the energy is in the horror comics!!

I believe the writer, Stefan Petrucha, wrote the X-Files in the 1990s for Topps with Charles Adlard on art chores...

Charles Adlard, wow. Didn't even realize that. Bet Adlard is good enough for even Sterling's highly refined taste (can you say walking dead?). :baiting:

Sterling would be the best to ask in that catagory! (thumbs u

$750 max. This book was red hot several years ago and has cooled down somewhat. I got my non ped 9.6 for $1150 (which was a bargain). About three years before that the 9.6 PC copy sold for ~$1700. There are enough copies out there that demand is being met.

I know this copy sold on Metro for $1,000 which is over market at this time. I sold this copy to Metro via ComicConnect for around $750 and they jacked it up from there. If a copy doesn't come to market in a year or two then the price will definitely go up.

Of course, I'm not quite sure why Kurt is asking, as I'm sure he did his homework.