• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,922 posts in this topic

Tell me someone on these boards who plans on holding the book for a long time picked up the HOM 179 9.4 that appeared on Clink last night for the crazy price of $800 ? Sterling ?

I just found it now--over 12 hours later. Actually, considering past prices, $800 was a steal. In fact, I think the seller left money on the table. Nice White Pages and the cut, while not perfect, is straight.

The buyer of that book could easily make $400 in an easy flip.

The curse of HOM 175, 179 and 190 continues for me. I would've loved to have that 175 be a 9.4 :(

It's incredible that people sell these books on an open exchange knowing it's one of the few books on my "gotta have" list that I would pay a premium for. So if you include the 10% cut they lost about $500.

Tell me someone on these boards who plans on holding the book for a long time picked up the HOM 179 9.4 that appeared on Clink last night for the crazy price of $800 ? Sterling ?

WOW!

Nice book though with the white pages...

I just found it now--over 12 hours later. Actually, considering past prices, $800 was a steal. In fact, I think the seller left money on the table. Nice White Pages and the cut, while not perfect, is straight.

The curse of HOM 175, 179 and 190 continues for me. I would've loved to have that 175 be a 9.4 :(

Sterling - I agree. Had I seen the book listed, I believe my bank account would be a good bit lighter today...

Yes I plan on holding it for a while but Sterling is right, IMO $800 was a steal for that book. Even though horror has considerably cooled off, I'd be willing to bet the price of that book that at auction it goes well over $1K.

Sterling - I agree. Had I seen the book listed, I believe my bank account would be a good bit lighter today...

I'd sell my carpy Marvel and superhero books if I had too...

Yes I plan on holding it for a while but Sterling is right, IMO $800 was a steal for that book. Even though horror has considerably cooled off, I'd be willing to bet the price of that book that at auction it goes well over $1K.

Congrats on the book...just curious...when did you hit the BIN?

It's incredible that people sell these books on an open exchange knowing it's one of the few books on my "gotta have" list that I would pay a premium for. So if you include the 10% cut they lost about $500.

You can always get Ken's 9.6 Oakland :)

Glad to see it went to a board member who will keep the book, in my opinion its a $1500 book.

About 15 minutes after it was listed I think. I saw the wantlist email from CL and went and hit the BIN. Couldn't have been more than 15 minutes.

About 15 minutes after it was listed I think. I saw the wantlist email from CL and went and hit the BIN. Couldn't have been more than 15 minutes.

Now the questions are: Do you have an undercopy available? And if so, what is the grade?

You can always get Ken's 9.6 Oakland :)

I've already tried to negotiate with him for the books...so that's no longer a possibility :(

It will be interesting to see if the graded price exceeded what I was willing to pay for it raw.

I tried also but dont blame Ken for getting the 175 graded. Not sure I want to get in a bidding war for it though and probably wont be bidding on it in the Clink auction. I hope you are able to win it Sterling.

It looks like the seller of the HOM 179 9.4 didnt know what he had considering he priced all 3 books consecutively at $800, the 176 9.4 and the 175 9.2. Congrats LordRahl.

Edited by TeddieMercede

Now the questions are: Do you have an undercopy available? And if so, what is the grade?

:sorry: No under copy, I was holding out for a 9.4.

I tried also but done blame Ken for getting the books graded. Not sure I want to get in a bidding war though for books and probably wont be bidding on it in the Clink auction. I hope you are able to win it Sterling.

It looks like the seller of the HOM 179 9.4 didnt know what he had considering he priced all 3 books consecutively at $800, the 176 9.4 and the 175 9.2. Congrats LordRahl.

I'd like to bid on it...but my best shot was when I was offering crazy money for the book raw. I'm not touching this one at all...so go for it. I'm sure between the pedigree, Adams collectors and one or more HOM fanatics like myself it's going to be tuff enough without me. Seeing the books come out like this give me hope that I can wait until enough copies spill over into the market.

As for the seller, he should've priced the books at 175 ($500) 176 ($700) and 179 ($1,500-$2,000). Congrats to LordRahl...

I'd like to bid on it...but my best shot was when I was offering crazy money for the book raw. I'm not touching this one at all...so go for it. I'm sure between the pedigree, Adams collectors and one or more HOM fanatics like myself it's going to be tuff enough without me. Seeing the books come out like this give me hope that I can wait until enough copies spill over into the market.

As for the seller, he should've priced the books at 175 ($500) 176 ($700) and 179 ($1,500-$2,000). Congrats to LordRahl...

On 2nd thought you're right the seller probably could have gotten 2k for the book if he priced it higher or had it up at auction, when was the last time we saw a 9.4 for sale publically ? You really cant deny the importance of 179 either which arguably should be on the same level or higher then HOS 92.

From my standpoint as an Adams collector while I'd love to have a nice copy of 175 a 9.4 would be perfectly fine for me. Its not at the top of books on my list and considering you know the big spenders are going to come out for it the waiting game sounds like a smart decision.

On the bright side, CL finally informs you if someone else has placed a buy order ahead of you.

Found that out yesterday hours after the fact.

Oh well, not a big deal but it was an excellent price considering it has white pages, which is scarce for that book.

I tried also but done blame Ken for getting the books graded. Not sure I want to get in a bidding war though for books and probably wont be bidding on it in the Clink auction. I hope you are able to win it Sterling.

Considering the book graded out at 9.6 and you made an offer for the 175 and 179 as a pair and wanted me to guarantee both books graded out at 9.6, I don't think your offer would be considered crazy money at all.

Ken