• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

For those that don't look through the Original Art forum, here's my post from there...

I found these at a small local comic show about a month ago, but had to sell some books to get the funds. As of today, it belongs to me!

I've always wanted to own a HOM page with Cain. This one is the splash from the cover story, AND Cain! As well as the next page of the story! :headbang:

I'm debating selling the second page, but the splash is MINE!!! ^^

Here they are for your viewing pleasure! You can't appreciate the intricate inking on these pages through the pictures. You really have to see them in person. They're beautiful!

I don't have a scanner, and the digital pics are blurry at the bottom. It's the best I can do for now.

hom-p1-1.jpg

hom-p2-1.jpg

A little close up of the detail. You still can't get a full grasp of the beauty...

hom-detail.jpg

Alcala... one of the under-appreciated greats. :cloud9:

And a beautiful piece to boot. Congrats DiceX!

Hey, Sterling, where's our new group shots? :baiting:

:hi:

I love Alcala as well...I grew up with many of these bronze greats...so I'm obviously biased :)

In all good time...in all good time :devil:

New Aquisition while you wait...

83645.jpg.1fd004b5a09293455f96067482dc343b.jpg

It's amazing the number of 9.8s and 9.9s this issue has brought to market...oddly enough 205 still suffers...I don't get it.

Black cover... :gossip:

Jim

The whole black cover thing to me is an urban myth. I'm going to go with the fact that maybe #210 was in a ton of those 3-packs? Something has to make sense...warehouse find?

It's amazing the number of 9.8s and 9.9s this issue has brought to market...oddly enough 205 still suffers...I don't get it.

Black cover... :gossip:

Jim

The whole black cover thing to me is an urban myth. I'm going to go with the fact that maybe #210 was in a ton of those 3-packs? Something has to make sense...warehouse find?

Agreed on the three paks or warehouse find...

In regards to #205 though it is strange the number of HG copies in relation to surrounding issues. The black cover to me has to be the reason. Personally I don't think it's a myth, maybe overhyped a bit but not completely irrelevent. Look at X-Men #79 for example...and there are other examples of black covers that pale in HG copies in relation to surrounding issues...

Jim

Just like a black car that shows the lightest scratches, imperfections, or haze of dust. The one color that is stunning when perfect and clean, but impossible to keep it that way. :gossip:

High grade bronze horror dead? Not according to some recent numbers from ComicLink:

Chamber of Darkness #1 CGC 9.8 $1,500 (9.6 usually $300 or so)

Ghosts #1 CGC 9.6 $1,900 (keep in mind a 9.4 can barely sell for $500)

I hope they enjoy 'em...cause my bid was half... lol

High grade bronze horror dead? Not according to some recent numbers from ComicLink:

Chamber went for over $3K (shrug)

I have $500 waiting for a well centered and unfugly 9.4 copy of Ghosts #1.