• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,915 posts in this topic

Newbie! smirk.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif Actually I was also in a rush, and being impatient. I am usually very cautious about such things. It was a bad comic karma day for me.

Rookie! sumo.gif

Feel better?

sorry.gif

I have many great memories from the Cons down in the Carolinas. I said late '80's, but it was also early and mid-'80's as well that "heroes" ruled the roost down there. My comic buddies on the cul de sac even convinced my step father (probably about '85 or '86) to take us to a show in Spartanburg (sp?) South Carolina one year. That was where I saw my first Wrightson Swamp Thing.

My cousin and I flew down in a prop plane one year (about 95 or 96?) to go to the Heroes Con. I was getting heavy into pre-code horror and there wasn't much there to satisfy me. I remember distinctly that McFarlane was there & was promoting Spawn and his new toy line. I waited in line for his sig (my cousin was a HUGE fan & I was getting an issue signed for him, natch) and we got close to the end of the line when my cousin touched one of the toys which then fired a "missile" that nearly hit TM himself!! Hahaha! McFarlane was NONE too pleased! We still got his auto, but MAN WAS HE MIFFED and didn't want to talk to us AT ALL!! Hahahaha!

HI gang. Just trying to keep this alive here...

I found a full set of Ghosts #60-#69 that averages 9.4 today... what kind of dumb luck is that? Anybody else get any recent finds?

news.gif The vendor sends his list and I respond with 4 hours, and the 893censored-thumb.gif books are already sold. So, my luck is apparently back to normal. 893frustrated.gif

Hi Guys.......figure with the horror fans in this thread.......you might be interested in this thread over in the water cooler about a very creepy project....

The Hole

Check out my post in that thread where I mention two of my favorite offbeat horror novels..

The Cipher by Kathi Koja & House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski

Just figured I'd link to it in case it was under your radar.

Nice Avatar Weird, one of my favorite HEX Stories!

Thanks Keith, i'll email you the adjusted list as soon as i figure it out!

Sorry i have been away from the thread so much, but i have been working hard trying to get the site up by mid june....i may not make it frown.gif

Actually, I got an email from Doug yesterday that included these issues:

GHOSTS (DC; 1971-1982) #60(Manitoba Copy; NM+, 9.6 = $25); --- #61(Manitoba Copy; NM-, 9.2 = $10); --- #62(Manitoba Copy; VF/NM, 9.0 = $7);

#63(Manitoba Copy; NM-, 9.2 = $10); --- #64(Manitoba Copy; NM, 9.4 = $14); --- #65(Manitoba Copy; NM, 9.4 = $14);

#66(Manitoba Copy; VF/NM, 9.0 = $7); --- #67(Manitoba Copy; NM, 9.4 = $14); --- #68(Manitoba Copy; NM-, 9.2 = $10);

#69(Manitoba Copy; NM+, 9.6 = $14); ---

Not all 9.4s, but I just assumed that was the situation he was speaking of. If it wasn't, there's a lead on some 9.4s and up. Don't know if they're still available as a few of the HOMs, HOSs and Unexpecteds I was interested in were gone by the time I heard back from Doug.

Any Chance someone could PM me his newest Manitoba list? This email problem is driving me mad!!!!

Just post it here please!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

(or PM me too!)

nice fear!!!! And crazy enough, i am scanning a stack of unexpecteds right now & i am about to do #186! Just crazy!!!!
893scratchchin-thumb.gif Where are my books? crazy.gif