• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Actually, I got an email from Doug yesterday that included these issues:

GHOSTS (DC; 1971-1982) #60(Manitoba Copy; NM+, 9.6 = $25); --- #61(Manitoba Copy; NM-, 9.2 = $10); --- #62(Manitoba Copy; VF/NM, 9.0 = $7);

#63(Manitoba Copy; NM-, 9.2 = $10); --- #64(Manitoba Copy; NM, 9.4 = $14); --- #65(Manitoba Copy; NM, 9.4 = $14);

#66(Manitoba Copy; VF/NM, 9.0 = $7); --- #67(Manitoba Copy; NM, 9.4 = $14); --- #68(Manitoba Copy; NM-, 9.2 = $10);

#69(Manitoba Copy; NM+, 9.6 = $14); ---

Not all 9.4s, but I just assumed that was the situation he was speaking of. If it wasn't, there's a lead on some 9.4s and up. Don't know if they're still available as a few of the HOMs, HOSs and Unexpecteds I was interested in were gone by the time I heard back from Doug.

Gang,

That's the one. Doug is the man. Keep in mind that his grading is usually on the VERY CONSERVATIVE side, and in most cases, a CGC grade would be higher.

Man, I am pissed. I e-mailed him just 3 hours after receipt of the e-mail!!! 893whatthe.gif

I've ransacked all of his other high grade DC horror, so don't bother 27_laughing.gif

I just got off the phone with him. He was shocked how fast those ghosts went. I think he is shocked by horror in general he said, people aren't even looking at the superhero books 893whatthe.gif I found some nice non traditional 70's horror books. One of them i think is a hidden gem! DC Special Series #21 was always in demand for the frank Miller Batman story, but factor in the obscure house of Mystery & jonah hex appearances and its got even more potential then ever before. thumbsup2.gif

I hope you told him he has two or three customers from the CGC boards waiting for those issues....

I do have some nice 9.0/9.2 Ghosts on the way from him...I guess what frustrates me is that I've been asking for about 2 years to LMK if he gets this stuff. I know he's not here just to suit my fancy; just wish I had more advance warning. I guess I can call 800 CRY-WAHH

It's getting too crazy for some of this bronze stuff. I might just wait another 10 years when people stop collecting comics altogether 893whatthe.gif Then I can get them for pennies on the dollar.

I think the feeling of craziness is coming from the realization that these are not easy to find nice, and this feels like the last chance to find them for reasonable prices. For me, the thing is i never thought late 70's would be tough. Its a feeding frenzy out there!

I think the feeling of craziness is coming from the realization that these are not easy to find nice, and this feels like the last chance to find them for reasonable prices. For me, the thing is i never thought late 70's would be tough. Its a feeding frenzy out there!

I think the feeling of craziness is coming from this sweet thread. Imagine all the board members & lurkers who you've all turned on to these gems. I know you got me hooked! Thank you! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I think the feeling of craziness is coming from this sweet thread. Imagine all the board members & lurkers who you've all turned on to these gems. I know you got me hooked! Thank you! 893applaud-thumb.gif

no problem, BOC!

Now that I have you all diverted to these horror gems....

Go eat some popcorn.gif and wait...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

well you are welcome! I Guess we can hope the lurkers will pull out copies that haven't been in the marketplace and maybe it will get a little easier? I mean when a guide says a book is worth $9 NM, who on earth is going to sell it?!?! There has to be more out there....

I actually have to agree with BOC (for once) that Shiver, Sterling and a few others have really turned me on to these great books as well. You guys are making it harder on yoursleves to find these books as you've given yourslef more competition. Sorry. But I have to admit, I was an easy convert.------Sid

I got his Manitoba copy of DC Special Series 21 in 9.4 last time around. First Miller Batman. You can't beat that. thumbsup2.gif

The best thing I bought was the Manitoba Neal Adams Muhammed Ali/Superman All-New Collector's Edition in 9.4. That is something I had been wanting for a while. Best wrap-around cover ever IMO. Cost a fortune, but well worth it. Jimmy Carter, for God's sake!!!

Doug is awesome.

I got his Manitoba copy of DC Special Series 21 in 9.4 last time around. First Miller Batman. You can't beat that. thumbsup2.gif

The best thing I bought was the Manitoba Neal Adams Muhammed Ali/Superman All-New Collector's Edition in 9.4. That is something I had been wanting for a while. Best wrap-around cover ever IMO. Cost a fortune, but well worth it. Jimmy Carter, for God's sake!!!

Doug is awesome.

Doug's Manitobas are sweet. I got the Manitoba copy of Twilight Zone #84 (first Frank Miller professional art in comics), along with a few other Manitobas. Doug is the best.

I actually have to agree with BOC (for once) that Shiver, Sterling and a few others have really turned me on to these great books as well. You guys are making it harder on yoursleves to find these books as you've given yourslef more competition. Sorry. But I have to admit, I was an easy convert.------Sid

It's all good. I like sharing in the adventure of the quest for horror....and, if nothing else, I'll know who my competition is and who I could trade with. I'll gladly steer away from "most" books if I see a member bidding on it first. And, I will have some dups coming from CGC that I will need to find a good home. Truly, if I'm able to show others the value that I saw in these books when I was 9, then I think I've done my job.

I know this is the "Bronze" horror thread but I had already scanned the comic before remembering.... tongue.gif

My Greatest Adventure #71

mga71.jpg

And now back to the Bronze Age.....

Unexpected #168

unexpected168.jpg

Jim

Unexpected #168

unexpected168.jpg

Jim

That's an unusual split cover! I don't remember Bronze age DCs doing much of that, apart from their 100-page super-spectaculars.

Yeah, what's with the feeding frenzy of late??!! Didn't the new Overstreet come out a couple weeks ago? Has anyone read it yet? There was quite a buzz that Overstreet was going to REALLY hype "Bronze Horror" values/demand this edition as far back as January, so were the gossips right or what? Anyone?