• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,928 posts in this topic

Somebody post some damn books!

I've posted this gem several times before...but not here, not on the ultimate bronze horror cover thread...so it must be done! thumbsup2.gif

dc494.jpg

Somebody post some damn books!

I've posted this gem several times before...but not here, not on the ultimate bronze horror cover thread...so it must be done! thumbsup2.gif

dc494.jpg

frown.gif893frustrated.gif

Aren't the stories in that Unexpected issue just reprints from the Golden Age House of Mystery? I distinctly remember HOM covers for each of the stories on the cover...

hou1.624a.jpg

791_2_048.jpg

791_2_066.jpg

confused-smiley-013.gif

I personally like the originals better thumbsup2.gif

Aren't the stories in that Unexpected issue just reprints from the Golden Age House of Mystery? I distinctly remember HOM covers for each of the stories on the cover...

I honestly don't know. With the exception of Swamp Thing (which I had a good HG run of) I never got into the BA DC Horror until this past year. Greggy started me off with a beautiful run of the Adventure Spectre BA books. So pretty. And then I picked up a nice selection of DC BA Horror from him a couple of months ago. Really enjoying them but not enough familiarity yet to hook from BA to GA. frown.gif

I believe they are GA reprints...let me crack open the slab and check... makepoint.gif

tongue.gif Actually I think I have a meager FN/VF raw copy. Since I also have the HOM puppies too, I'll check. Just lazy...

What's top of census--9.6?

I believe they are GA reprints...let me crack open the slab and check... makepoint.gif

tongue.gif Actually I think I have a meager FN/VF raw copy. Since I also have the HOM puppies too, I'll check. Just lazy...

Ok, let us know... sumo.gif

Actually, top census is 9.4. I guess greggy hasn't gotten his run slabbed yet? confused-smiley-013.gif

Ok, let us know... sumo.gif

Actually, top census is 9.4. I guess greggy hasn't gotten his run slabbed yet? confused-smiley-013.gif

Soon enough! Metropolis has the Oakland copy for sale for pretty cheap! sumo.gif

If anyone is interested I just posted several cheap low grade Bronze reader lots in Marketplace. -----Sid

Very nice reader lot there Sid. I'll be doing something similar to my "undesirable" copies of my "NM challenged" raw books. BTW, I'm still scanning....in the process of getting a legal scanner for my CGC books...

My express for HOM 174,175,208,211 is in "Quality Control". So hopefully grades soon 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

re: Unexpected Super DC Giant-- yes, it is an anthology of reprints, as is most of the Super DC Giant run. The same is true of the HoM issue. The super-hero issues (Supergirl, B&B, Aquaman, Challengers of the Unknown) are reprints of Silver Age material. Super DC Giant was kind of the sister publication to DC Special, whose original incarnation was all-reprint as well.

The only exception I'm aware of is one of the Western issues that has a new story by Gil Kane. Not sure about the 2 Romance issues. Greggy?