• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

Ok to give this thread a bit of a boost, let me ask a question for you all to think about.

Have there ever been any horrror pedigrees?

Not major ones but just any pedigree.

Northford is a pre-code horror pedigree! acclaim.gif

Any info about it? foreheadslap.gif

What the heck is redf1shing thinking?!?

idiocy 1

idiocy 2

idiocy 3

extreme idiocy

I'm looking at the HOM 236 nickkat has, and I emailed him once about the corner creases on a "9.4" - and he subsequently drops the grade to "9.0". But there's still staining on the cover. I'd love to see some of these "9.8"s.

There is no reason to pay this much for books. They are tough, but they do turn up raw, and relatively frequently. If you're patient, you can find most of them for fractions of the above prices. This really must be a BSD phenomenon where he wants to be the high bidder for his ego.

It makes no sense otherwise.

wow, got a good deal on that HOM 184 from nickkat, considering he paid $1k for a 9.6 copy on vaultauctions insane.gif

Basically, with nickkat, if you buy his "9.8" books, you will average 9.4 on your CGC grade. Every single "9.6" and "9.4" books I've bought from him have come back 9.0, 9.2, and in an extreme case, 6.5. foreheadslap.gif

I have to tell you guys that looking at these horro covers gets kinda boring when the same covers keep getting posted. Does anybody actually read any of these books?

I will post a backup story contained within a bronze horror book. Can you guess the title, issue number, artist, and writer of this story? How well do you know bronze horror?

panel01.jpg

panel02.jpg

panel03.jpg

panel04.jpg

panel05.jpg

panel06.jpg

panel07.jpg

panel08.jpg

panel09.jpg

panel10.jpg

panel11.jpg

panel12.jpg

panel13.jpg

panel14.jpg

panel15.jpg

well its skeates/kaluta from a phantom stranger, but i am not complete on that run anymore so i don't know the number. Its not #26-29 though....

you got 2/4 correct. I know you read them, it's cover whores that I was refering to, they know who they are.

sorry.gif

i miss those kaluta frankensteins, they are incredible. The bernard bailey ones just don't do it for me. I'll have them again soon!

Pretender! smirk.gif

deathlok, thanks for doing this. I initiated a few quiz questions a while back, I think this is a very good idea. To be honest, anything 1979 on I've read multiple times; I'm going through my second childhood reading all the issues I missed. Those who don't take the time and smell the pages on these books are missing it BIG TIME!

To me it makes it more fun, reading the issues. I mean you can go on Mike's site or MileHigh and just look at covers. It amazes me sometimes how interchangeable the stories could be in the horror books. I mean you could take a HOS story and put into a HOS or Ghosts or Unexpected. The stories stand alone and are actually kinda fun to read. No continuity to have to know.

To me it makes it more fun, reading the issues. I mean you can go on Mike's site or MileHigh and just look at covers. It amazes me sometimes how interchangeable the stories could be in the horror books. I mean you could take a HOS story and put into a HOS or Ghosts or Unexpected. The stories stand alone and are actually kinda fun to read. No continuity to have to know.
You can read? smirk.gif

You can read? smirk.gif

By read, I mean just looking at the pretty colored pictures. I am getting pretty good at not coloring outside the lines too.

well its skeates/kaluta from a phantom stranger, but i am not complete on that run anymore so i don't know the number. Its not #26-29 though....

you got 2/4 correct. I know you read them, it's cover whores that I was refering to, they know who they are.

WWT13.jpg

WWT18.jpg

WWT19.jpg

Anyone seen all of those HOM/HOS books by strongside collectibles in Canada? Anyone won any? A fellow collector e-mailed me the pic for a couple and they look a tad overgraded for me. Just heads up. Like to know anyone else's experiences...