• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

#1 seems to be plentiful, as speculators must have hoarded the #1 copy...I've found it more difficult to get #2 and #3 (with I think were both LD covers)...

Yet another example of the tragic fall of many titles during the Bronze Age due to too many titles, many of which conflicted with other titles with the same publisher...

Hey, guys! Just wanted to let the board members know that my print fanzine, HORROR COMICS REVIEW, has a new issue (#4) out!

Issue 4 has some articles of possible interest to BA fans, including a look at the T. McFarlane letters to the late bronze DC horror line, the reader fallout from the infamous "Bunny Story" from Unexpected 202, and an up close and personal look at the board's very own "Shiverbones."

Click my sig for a link!

popcorn.gif

Edited by precodekeith

What about Kaluta's Batman?

Attached is one of my favorites... although probably doesn't qualify as a horror cover... although it has a phantom fighter plane... hmmmm.... take that HOS! thumbsup2.gif

Well being all new to BA I have to say I really like the way Batman is drawn in that Kaluta cover!

Posting a few recent acquistions. Have not been this psyched over comics in a long time! Long live DC BA Bronze! (thanks to greggy for my first group - Adventure Spectre full run in very nice (VF/VF+) as a contest win. And then a second - purchase - of a small variety - again in VF and better grade. The books really opened my eyes!

Anyway, 1 of 3 for tonight.

wh34.jpg

beautiful books, pov. beautiful!

Thanks for sharing.

And thanks to EVERYONE for posting on this thread - it's my fave on the boards right now!

D A M N you all to h e l l for pulling me back into the horror game! I thought this particular poison had run its course several years ago, but it's back with a VENGANCE!!!!!!!!

POV, have to say for someone just getting their feet wet (or should I say cloven hooves?) in Bronze Horror you are grabbing up some nice books! laugh.gif

I always had a special liking for WH # 34 as it was my introductory issue to the title. Nice looking copy but a good example of the story that doesn't live up to the cover art!

D A M N you all to h e l l for pulling me back into the horror game! I thought this particular poison had run its course several years ago, but it's back with a VENGANCE!!!!!!!!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif D A M N, h e l l, poison, vengeance...I don;t think you ever really LEFT the horror genre! grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

POV, have to say for someone just getting their feet wet (or should I say cloven hooves?) in Bronze Horror you are grabbing up some nice books!

Thanks Jayman. I think that is one of the things that gets me about the DC BA Horror. So MANY of the covers are great. In my opinion, overall they have actually more impact than the pre-code horrors if looked at from the view of consistent good covers per title. Natuarally some of the pre-code publishers hardly EVER let you down (EC, Superior, Harvey) but a LOT of them - man it is sometimes like picking "weak, weaker, weakest" when trying to fill a pre-code to represent a title in my precode "type collection".

Nice books pov! Witching hour #34 was one of the last i needed for the run, i still haven't read it yet frown.gif I agree about the covers, there are exceptions of course, but for the most part bronze covers are better. I do love the naive quality of a lot of precode, but companies like Ace, ACG, St. John, Ziff-Davis, Toby, Trojan & even many from avon are so bland. The average Domingiez Skeleton cover from the 70's stacks up nicely against a nice Ajax-Farrel or a better Story or Standard cover. And Pov, Speaking of GA artists, have you seen any of Lee Elias's DC 70's work? His first few years with them are especially nice! Glad you are excited Pov! Thats what its all about!