• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

This looks like one of my patients! 27_laughing.gif

617990-midnight%20tales.jpg

Are you a Dr.?

Anyway, I'm going to have to dig it out, but I think my copy of this book reads:"DR. WEIRTHAM (sic)" not "Lasker." 27_laughing.gif

It may be a variant gossip.gif, but most likely a different issue. I'll have to check.

Wayne Howard was a cool artist.

Are you a Dr.?

DVM. And I do have a few patients that look like that 27_laughing.gif

Anyway, I'm going to have to dig it out, but I think my copy of this book reads:"DR. WEIRTHAM (sic)" not "Lasker." 27_laughing.gif

It may be a variant gossip.gif, but most likely a different issue. I'll have to check.

Wayne Howard was a cool artist.

My impression (from not too much research 27_laughing.gif) is that Charlton reused a lot of covers, so I would guess they changed the name at some point. It would be cool to know which name was first...

Hey guys. I should be getting a Tower of Shadows reader lot any day now. They are my first real BA horror books. 893applaud-thumb.gif I was just wondering what everyone thought of the series as far as the stories.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

My 300th post! acclaim.gif

Let's see... 150 posts per month would take 67 months to get to the 10,000 mark! 893whatthe.gif

Those are cool Charltons you have there. Really enjoying this "new" BA Horror publisher! grin.gif

I know exactly what you mean--I sure wasn't paying any attention to them when I was buying bronze age books new off the stand 27_laughing.gif So they are "new" to me in a way that Marvels and DCs definitely aren't!

Jeepers Greggy! Those Adventures are shocking! The ones I got from you as a prize are just beautiful in VF. Would love to see what these suckers look like in the flesh, so to speak! A rare Pov hail.gif
Bought it from my favourite eBay dealer as NM copies but I knew that they were better. Now...have to work on the balance of the run. crazy.gif

Nice work pov! One of the rare Marshall Rogers covers on that SOHH26.

Speaking of Charlton, there is a great article on charltons in the newest issue of "Backissue" by two Morrows press. I always new the Charltons got better "around the time of the Bullseye logo" and this article explains why. Its a shame they got shut down when they did & went into reprints, they were really on a roll!