• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

My guess is that HOM 9.8 will hit the mid 500's when all is said and done...anybody know why the guy is selling, if he recently bought it for $550? Maybe it was a thrill-buy or something. Hey, I was top-bidder before Microbia waltzed in and knocked me out of the game...no way I'm going any higher than I already did, I've spent too much money this month on comics as is!

Can't see the bottom in the scans provided... no returns on CGC items.... maybe the owner sees some slab damage or something else that makes it seem overgraded????? confused-smiley-013.gif

Whoah! I didn't know HOM had a title called "I am in the wrinkle contest with Mick Jagger!" grin.gif

Wise guy, huh? stooges.gif

Well, I COULD have mentioned the "looking more and more like Don Knotts" contest! frown.gif

cpknottsd.jpg

The original has more style!!!!!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Now NIP IT!!!!!!!!!! grin.gif

Whoah! I didn't know HOM had a title called "I am in the wrinkle contest with Mick Jagger!" grin.gif

Well, I COULD have mentioned the "looking more and more like Don Knotts" contest! frown.gif

cpknottsd.jpg

The original has more style!!!!!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893blahblah.gif

cpknottsd.jpg

893blahblah.gif

Jeeze Greggy. NIP IT and Knotts go hand in hand. Maybe you are still to nyouthful to remember that. But your 893blahblah.gif makes no sense in this context.

Try again! mad.gif

And why are you cross-posting? This thread has nothing to do with your thumbsup2.gif fake bids from "friends".

cpknottsd.jpg

893blahblah.gif

Jeeze Greggy. NIP IT and Knotts go hand in hand. Maybe you are still to nyouthful to remember that. But your 893blahblah.gif makes no sense in this context.

Try again! mad.gif

And why are you cross-posting? This thread has nothing to do with your thumbsup2.gif fake bids from "friends".

blush.gif

No problem, dude!

Ok, no one wants to answer.

Panel:

satan.JPG

The story comes from "Forever Young" in House of Mystery #287.

ER Cruz art.

791_287.jpg

Edith Du Prey, a ruthless guardian for her grand daughter after her parents were killed in an unfortunate car accident, makes her grand daughter's life a living hell. Upon the request of selling her soul in order to get her youth back, Satan appears and grants her request. She will be younger, and upon her death, her soul will belong to him. Unfortuantely, she continues to get younger, until she is almost an infant. She pleads with her grand daughter to get Satan to change his mind. When Satan appears, he discusses off-panel with the grand daughter. A few minutes later, Satan agrees that he will stop the process so Du Prey can grow up and live a normal life--but her soul will belong to him when she dies. The catch: now Du Prey needs a guardian, and her grand daughter is the only living heir. The grand daughter wants to now give her grand mother due justice for the years she has given her hell.

"Forever Young" was a song Bob Dylan recorded with The Band on the comeback album Planet Waves. Rod Stewart later covered the tune in the 80's and massacred it, along with Tom Waits' "Downtown Train." I'm Casey Casem, now back back to your regularly scheduled bronze horror... grin.gif

"Forever Young" was a song Bob Dylan recorded with The Band on the comeback album Planet Waves. Rod Stewart later covered the tune in the 80's and massacred it, along with Tom Waits' "Downtown Train." I'm Casey Casem, now back back to your regularly scheduled bronze horror... grin.gif

I stand corrected. I never listened to Dylan (and actually I was FORCED to listen to Stewart on the airwaves), so I was unaware of it being covered. Thanks for the info! thumbsup2.gif

(I was a headbanger in the '80s)

Snagged! Check this one out, I just bought Ghosts #1-100. Not high grades, but a nice lot of mid-grades for an average with shipping of $2.33 each. Not bad. I love picking up large lots like this. thumbsup2.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=12592&item=2281084368&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

-----Sid