• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

nice books Dicey---what grade would you give the HOM 209 gossip.gif

Looks NM-/NM from the scan...

I don't recall off the top of my head. I'll check when I get home.

It took me all day yesterday to go through everything I bought, grade them, and rebag them.

I bought just over 100 bronze DC horror comics at the show.

I'll put up a few more scans tonight.

nice books Dicey---what grade would you give the HOM 209 gossip.gif

Looks NM-/NM from the scan...

I don't recall off the top of my head. I'll check when I get home.

It took me all day yesterday to go through everything I bought, grade them, and rebag them.

I bought just over 100 bronze DC horror comics at the show.

I'll put up a few more scans tonight.

You brought up a good point. How many here actually grade their books before filing them away? I guess that would be helpful when referring to them so that you don't have to go pull it out again just to check the grade for whatever reason. I never grade mine until it is either time to sell or time to submit to CGC/PGA. I can see how grading before filing can be very helpful, I may have to start doing that too. ----Sid

I rebag everything, and always give each book a grade while I'm doing it.

I put the grade (or any notes) on a little avery sticker and put it under the flap on the back.

That way I can see the grade, but the label won't get knocked off by the comic behind it.

That makes me sound anal. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I figure by grading it, it doesn't have to be removed from the bag any more than it *has* to.

The less hands touch it, the less chance for damage.

I also figure it makes it easy to know what grade it is in the event I'm upgrading, or just want to sell it.

I still sound anal. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh well. confused-smiley-013.gif

I rebag everything, and always give each book a grade while I'm doing it.

I put the grade (or any notes) on a little avery sticker and put it under the flap on the back.

That way I can see the grade, but the label won't get knocked off by the comic behind it.

That makes me sound anal. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I figure by grading it, it doesn't have to be removed from the bag any more than it *has* to.

The less hands touch it, the less chance for damage.

I also figure it makes it easy to know what grade it is in the event I'm upgrading, or just want to sell it.

I still sound anal. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh well. confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, doesn't sound anal to me. Maybe that's 'cuz I think similarly. I get what you are doing, and if I did it too, I'd be just as detailed, and careful and organized. Now I just gotta get motivated. Hard to do when NONE of my 10,000+ raw books are graded. Someday....... But good job, I'm sure your system is easier to access than my lack of one. -------Sid

Wow, nice book, jbud! Outta curiosity, what was the other book you were looking for?

So that 400 definitely gets added to my DC horror checklist. Anybody know of any other superhero books that might qualify as being bronze horror? Trying to get my list as complete as possible for when I go a-searching at cons and the like...I think Tec 425 would also qualify, with the spooky Wrightson cover. Any other suggestions, peanut gallery?

stooges.gif

Wow, nice book, jbud! Outta curiosity, what was the other book you were looking for?

So that 400 definitely gets added to my DC horror checklist. Anybody know of any other superhero books that might qualify as being bronze horror? Trying to get my list as complete as possible for when I go a-searching at cons and the like...I think Tec 425 would also qualify, with the spooky Wrightson cover. Any other suggestions, peanut gallery?

stooges.gif

This is a very long thread, but we kinda hit on that somewhere in this thread...there was an I...Vampire appearance in Bold at the end....Destiny appeared in a Superman comic, Bold 94 with the Batman/HOM combo...