• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,915 posts in this topic

893applaud-thumb.gif

Tough one. Actually, I have some pedigreed raw books--some (like Bethlehem) come with Marnin's "authenticity" label--as does Northford. All of my Oaklands were already bought certified. Hmmm.... I think we need to call CGC on this one. I have a similar situation with a "River City" copy that I'm packing to CGC as we speak...

This is my first purchase from Metropolis and my first pedigree. I am extremely happy with this copy but I would like to know if there is any more info regarding the Oakland pedigree other than I've found on this forum using the search which wasn't much. Sterling, I believe you posted some Oakland books, any info? Also if I intended to slab a raw pedigree (which I don't) how would one prove the pedigree to CGC? The only proof I have is the sticker on the back of the mylar.

642507-Unexpected%23108.jpg

Just send in the book with the Oakland mylar. drbanner has advised that CGC has accepted this in the past without any further identification. I would imagine that they may check if the book inside the mylar looked materially different than the listed grade. I didn't have the Oakland mylar for the only book that I submitted from the collection so I had to get the former owner to send me a signed statement of the ownership trail. yay.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

Tough one. Actually, I have some pedigreed raw books--some (like Bethlehem) come with Marnin's "authenticity" label--as does Northford. All of my Oaklands were already bought certified. Hmmm.... I think we need to call CGC on this one. I have a similar situation with a "River City" copy that I'm packing to CGC as we speak...

Yeah, I'm hoping it wouldn't be like the signature series books where CGC has to oversee the signing. Basically if the book isn't already slabbed, it could be switched with any other copy of said book. That was why I was looking for more info on the pedigree ie. pencil markings, codemarks, dates etc.

Please let me know what CGC says if you make the call.

Just send in the book with the Oakland mylar. drbanner has advised that CGC has accepted this in the past without any further identification. I would imagine that they may check if the book inside the mylar looked materially different than the listed grade. I didn't have the Oakland mylar for the only book that I submitted from the collection so I had to get the former owner to send me a signed statement of the ownership trail. yay.gif

Thanks greggy! Seems a littile too trusting on CGC's part but works for me! thumbsup2.gif

A few days ago I received a full set of this Apes series. I haven't looked through it much yet but they look pretty cool so far. I wasn't sure if these would be considered horror, or sci-fi, or adventure or some weird hybrid. Anyway, at least THIS cover fits in with the theme of this thread. ----Sid

642600-Apes.jpg

642600-Apes.jpg.171518d20ef25815fa9d024e71fd64ce.jpg

SiD! -

Those 4 color "APES" books were among some of the first back issues I ever bought! Used to be a travelling "antique show" that would come around to the area malls every couple months in the late '70's/early '80's, with one comic dealer in particular whom I always bought books off of. DAMN, wish I had been buying horror back issues at that time!!! frustrated.gif

It's a 9.4 copy that I bought recently, that I plan to flip for some other purchases.
Yeah i heard about it.

A good price IMO.

This is one of my favourite covers also, although the original is better IMO cloud9.gif

Damn that blabbermouth Shrektard. frustrated.gif

I like the original also, but that goes for a little bit more than I want to pay for it.

It's a 9.4 copy that I bought recently, that I plan to flip for some other purchases.
Yeah i heard about it.

A good price IMO.

This is one of my favourite covers also, although the original is better IMO cloud9.gif

I like the original also, but that goes for a little bit more than I want to pay for it.

To be honest if i had the money i would have plucked that sucker up.

I will have to get a copy of both books to compare.....one day frown.gif

BTW, you will never get a Marvel Giant-Size set sumo.gif

poke2.gif

Yeah i heard about it.

A good price IMO.

poke2.gif

btw devil.gif643011-yl109winningbid.jpg

643011-yl109winningbid.jpg.674c85b36a5d5ba30912176c28f00a46.jpg

Yeah i heard about it.

A good price IMO.

poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

Is that on your account?

If it is the Shrektard is gonna be pissed tongue.gif

Yeah i heard about it.

A good price IMO.

poke2.gif

Probably shouldn't have broadcasted that.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

YL109ebay

Yeah i heard about it.

A good price IMO.

poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

Is that on your account?

If it is the Shrektard is gonna be pissed tongue.gif

No, the Shrektard is gonna have to pony up some dough to win it. yay.gif