• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Thanks for finally placing a post describing your apparent discontentment for me about something that happened several months ago. I will now go through your list step by step. This is the last post I will make concerning this.

1. You post on the boards about how you need to sell some books for a family emergency, people ask, and you relay the story.

Fair account.

2. You post that you are taking the time to scan the books, which is taking you longer than expected.

I made a few floundering attempts at being organized, because I wanted to get it done as effeciently as possible. I work for a living, and scanning front and back scans, organizing the auctions, etc. took a great deal amount of time. So what?

3. You post that you are trying to set up a website to sell the books from.

Yes, but I concluded (mainly due to peer involvement) that eBay or CL was the best way to go. So, I decided to go that route. I've since decided based on an analysis that the web site will be different from the typical books web site, and will require more time to get moving.

4. You post that you are going to use Ebay to sell your books to "maximize" top dollar.

OK, and I'm supposed to give away my books? As most people can attest, I spent good money on some books, and I'd rather sell the least amount of books required to fulfill my obligation. If I was presenting a situation in which books can be bought supa cheap, you were misled.

5. You finally post books on Ebay, without notifying the board that you have done so.

Actually, I believe I did post when they went online on eBay. I listed two books on CL at FU prices and a few people bid.

6. Many of your books don't hit the reserve price you have set for them.

Please read my response above. Actually only 15 out of 150 or so didn't sell. Sounds pretty decent to me.

7. During your "sale" process you continued to buy books off Ebay.

As I've exhaustively stated before, I didn't have readily convertible assets available to me other than comics. It was easier for me to sell my books to fulfill my obligation. That has nothing to do with my personal family situation--it was the ability to be mobile and help my mother (whose spouse had just passed). I have stopped and started buying over time but that has nothing to do with raising money for my mother's financial situation.

So sterling, to me this looks like you used a family illness to generate interest in your auctions. You did not do the board any favors at all, despite the interest you claim to have for the boards.

Actually, you don't know me, and these points are weak. I didn't have to resort to such base tactics in generating interest. I've done the board plenty with my interest in my genre. I've met some wonderful people here; I've given books to comics4kids.org, sold hundreds of books very cheaply to shiver, bought and sold books with others, and have a great time here doing so. I just wish we could get along in this sandbox.

I don't see a point in regurgitating the same covers over and over again. You can go look on several website to view covers of HOM, HOS, GHOSTS, and Unexpected.

I see your point to some extent, but part of this thread is also to have people share their new acquisitions. If they are proud enough to scan it then by all means flaunt it. I mean, you could take that logic for your mags too--which are cool btw.

Nice spin-doctoring sterling.

You lied about the reasons for the auctions and you lied about your intents. You specifically deceived the board at the time in order to maximize your profits.

You can continue to deny this, but your actions speak volumes about your character. I may be out of line on this, but I cannot stand when thieves attempt to mislead people.

You can continue to deny this, but your actions speak volumes about your character. I may be out of line on this, but I cannot stand when thieves attempt to mislead people.

No spins--all truth as I see it.

Well, what kind I say? You think I'm a thief. Can't change that impression. I did learn one thing here though--I will never mix business and personal again--there's too much interpretation on my motives. Sorry you feel the way you do. tonofbricks.gif

Well, what kind I say? You think I'm a thief. Can't change that impression. I did learn one thing here though--I will never mix business and personal again--there's too much interpretation on my motives. Sorry you feel the way you do. tonofbricks.gif

Maybe you can learn another thing. The board does not tolerate dishonest selelrs on here. In time hopefully they won't have to worry about the likes of you.

Maybe you can learn another thing. The board does not tolerate dishonest selelrs on here. In time hopefully they won't have to worry about the likes of you.

I'm not dishonest. I think your attacks shouldn't be tolerated on this board either.

I'm not dishonest. I think your attacks shouldn't be tolerated on this board either.

You're not dishonest? Did you not say that would be your last post on the subject? So apparently you lied about that also. How can you be trusted about anything?

Next you will storm off the boards in a grand drama queen exit, only to appear days later. Sound familiar to anyone?

You're not dishonest? Did you not say that would be your last post on the subject? So apparently you lied about that also. How can you be trusted about anything?

Next you will storm off the boards in a grand drama queen exit, only to appear days later. Sound familiar to anyone?

popcorn.gif

Here's my question, Deathlok.

If Sterling tried to get maximum dollar by telling board members he needed the money for a sick relative, why would he list them on eBay/ComicLink and, then, NOT TELL ANYONE! It doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't he want everyone to know they were for sale?

If he wanted to get more for his books by using a story to get sympathy bids (which I doubt), why wouldn't he have made a proclaimation to the boards that the books were now up for sale so everyone would bid?

Just wondering. confused-smiley-013.gif

Edited by Norinn Radd

If Sterling tried to get maximum dollar by telling board members he needed the money for a sick relative, why would he list them on eBay/ComicLink and, then, NOT TELL ANYONE! It doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't he want everyone to know they were for sale?

If he wanted to get more for his books by using a story to get sympathy bids (which I doubt), why wouldn't he have made a proclaimation to the boards that the books were not up for sale so everyone would bid?

Who can truly understand what goes on in the mind of a shyster. My problem with sterling is that he told the board he was going to sell them here. Then he changed his mind and said he was going to sell them on his website. All the while he won't say what books he will be selling nor what condition they are. He just says he is scanning them in. So the process he went through to sell the books took several weeks, even though it was an emergency.

So now sterling claims he had additional resources for the money, and the auctions were not needed as much. He just claims one lie after another.

If he wanted to get more for his books by using a story to get sympathy bids (which I doubt), why wouldn't he have made a proclaimation to the boards that the books were not up for sale so everyone would bid?

Who can truly understand what goes on in the mind of a shyster. My problem with sterling is that he told the board he was going to sell them here. Then he changed his mind and said he was going to sell them on his website. All the while he won't say what books he will be selling nor what condition they are. He just says he is scanning them in. So the process he went through to sell the books took several weeks, even though it was an emergency.

So now sterling claims he had additional resources for the money, and the auctions were not needed as much. He just claims one lie after another.

Isn't he allowed to change his mind? Maybe he hadn't thought through exactly what he wanted to do. I don't necessarily read dark motives in his actions. But then I didn't see all that transpired. Maybe the situation changed while he was in the process of selling them. confused-smiley-013.gif

Isn't he allowed to change his mind? Maybe he hadn't thought through exactly what he wanted to do. I don't necessarily read dark motives in his actions. But then I didn't see all that transpired. Maybe the situation changed while he was in the process of selling them. confused-smiley-013.gif

He knows what he did, as do several other people who caught onto what he did. He is allowed to change his mind, but he did this twice and led the board to believe he would allow them first dibs. He finally chose not to do this but instead just listed them on Ebay with reserves higher than market value.

Taken as a whole it is shady and should have been brought to light before this.

Sterling - I don't know what happened to the forum member formerly known as deathlok that used to seem reasonable, but I don't think anyone else around here has the same skewed perception of your fund raising endeavour that he does. It wasn't seamless...but under duress, what is? I suggest you simply ignore him as you've said your peace, and most trolls stop if they don't receive reciprocal attention.

With that, I'll present a recent acquisition...not quite into the horror run of the title, but hey it's an Adams cover and it's "seasonal"!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

hom173.jpg

Sterling - I don't know what happened to the forum member formerly known as deathlok that used to seem reasonable, but I don't think anyone else around here has the same skewed perception of your fund raising endeavour that he does. It wasn't seamless...but under duress, what is? I suggest you simply ignore him as you've said your peace, and most trolls stop if they don't receive reciprocal attention.

See you I have no problem with Banner, so it would seem odd that you would align yourself with such trash. The only thing I can do is present what happened and you can judge for yourself. I guess Hammer paved the way for others to swindle the board as they please.

Nice. That would make a great Xmas avatar! grin.gif

As for Santa's motives, maybe they were being naughty. devil.gif

With that, I'll present a recent acquisition...not quite into the horror run of the title, but hey it's an Adams cover and it's "seasonal"!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

hom173.jpg

See you I have no problem with Banner, so it would seem odd that you would align yourself with such trash. The only thing I can do is present what happened and you can judge for yourself. I guess Hammer paved the way for others to swindle the board as they please.

You don't have to present anything to me, I was there waiting for the books, I was interested, I emailed him, Sterling changed the method by which he chose to sell the books, we were disappointed he didn't list them here first, I bid on a couple on ebay but didn't win any as the prices were too high for me personally, and that's the end of story. How did you get so bitter about it? It's just not that big a deal...I suggest you let it go. confused-smiley-013.gif