• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Orlando was hit or miss with my tastes...this one misses IMHO...

77549259.jpg

Label says Infantino and Orlando cover. That too-angular girl certainly looks like an Infantino design. Maybe CI pencils and Orlando inks?

1981 was certainly past the prime for those two comics greats. frown.gif

I've been recommended to try a series of horror books from the Bronze Age. What would you guys recommend? I might be allowed to go to the comic book store in a few weeks. I'll probably end up picking up a few different titles and was wondering where should I start with these, since there so affordable? Issue #1's? Cool covers? Give me some suggestions please.

I've been recommended to try a series of horror books from the Bronze Age. What would you guys recommend? I might be allowed to go to the comic book store in a few weeks. I'll probably end up picking up a few different titles and was wondering where should I start with these, since there so affordable? Issue #1's? Cool covers? Give me some suggestions please.

www.shiverbones.com

You can find something that interests you there. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks for the info on the billiard-ball cover, guys.

Now if I can just find that GK mystery digest where the guy is cutting into the painting to reveal a skull underneath... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ask and ye shall receive! It's Mystery Comics Digest # 16.

673828-MysteryComicsDigest%2316.jpg

Merry Christmas! flowerred.gif

BTW: Love your Rondo avatar!

589a8c2ede0f7_673828-MysteryComicsDigest16.jpg.e86d7dba30ed564ad36cab4987a43bda.jpg

Scott, I know your funds are "budgeted", so may I suggest "Welcome Back to the House of Mystery?" It is a good primer for DC BA horror, as it reprinted some of the best tales from HoM. It was printed in the 90's, so you won't have to shell out too much for it, and might even be able to find it at your LCS. confused-smiley-013.gif

Also, I know you love EC, so I'd like to suggest a couple titles from the "Copper Age": "Twisted Tales" and "Tales of Terror." Still very affordable. These are some of the best quality books in "recent" memory, and are very reminescent of EC in that they pushed the horror envelope. thumbsup2.gif

Scott, I know your funds are "budgeted", so may I suggest "Welcome Back to the House of Mystery?" It is a good primer for DC BA horror, as it reprinted some of the best tales from HoM. It was printed in the 90's, so you won't have to shell out too much for it, and might even be able to find it at your LCS. confused-smiley-013.gif

Also, I know you love EC, so I'd like to suggest a couple titles from the "Copper Age": "Twisted Tales" and "Tales of Terror." Still very affordable. These are some of the best quality books in "recent" memory, and are very reminescent of EC in that they pushed the horror envelope. thumbsup2.gif

Great advice! I'd also add Bronze Mags such as Creepy, Eerie, Vampirella (Warren) and Skywald Mags: Nightmare, Psycho and Scream.

There are a number of Modern Age Horror books out there too, (why not make it an all ages thing?). Titles such as:

Toe Tags - DC

The Lurkers - IDW Publishing

30 Days of Night - IDW Publishing

Remains - IDW Publishing

Silent Hill - IDW Publishing

All good reads and I am aware of the "limited" budget statement, but these are just suggestions to try if you come across them. Aw who am I kidding, make some more money and buy them all! stooges.gif

BTW: Welcome to the Boards!

Wow, it's been a year today since I've joined the forum. In some ways the year has flown by, and in some ways dragged on and on. Undeniably, the friends and connections I have made here has been the best part of this community. Hopefully, I've been able to share my passion for this genre as I ramped up my collecting efforts since my childhood. I've learned much, cried, shouted, and laughed. This board is the best...

flowerred.gif

Wow, it's been a year today since I've joined the forum. In some ways the year has flown by, and in some ways dragged on and on. Undeniably, the friends and connections I have made here has been the best part of this community. Hopefully, I've been able to share my passion for this genre as I ramped up my collecting efforts since my childhood. I've learned much, cried, shouted, and laughed. This board is the best...

flowerred.gif

Happy Anniversary Sterling!

My Anniversary will be on Tax day and like you, I really enjoy these boards. Thanks for all the insight into submitting books to CGC and posting the final grades. And although we have not had any transactions this year I hope to next year ( any raw Bronze DC Horror rejects from CGC) if Shiver doesn't snap them up first! laugh.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

RE: Silent Hill - Pretty good story with dark, moody, atmospheric artwork. I'm just the opposite though, I like the book but never played the video game so I cannot say how they compare.

Happy A-Day Sterl. I just passed mine three days ago. YOU, along with Shiver were the main guys responsible for making Bronze horror my collecting and dealing focus. Together you guys pulled me out of my ASM and X-Men daze and showed me the darkness of this genre. For that I am cursed. devil.gifthumbsup2.gif -----Sid