• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

Were these from Bob Storms? Nice books, and I definitely love WWT covers in the early issues thumbsup2.gif

HOM 186 is one of the best mystery books in terms of stories and art. Hands down!

Bob has some nice books but these were found elsewhere on ebay! gossip.gif

Mmmm....BINs from a store! tongue.gif

B...but they looked so deliciously good! sorry.gif

Were these from Bob Storms? Nice books, and I definitely love WWT covers in the early issues thumbsup2.gif

HOM 186 is one of the best mystery books in terms of stories and art. Hands down!

So....were they graded properly? Should I expose your bidding ID? poke2.gif

You would pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger? Tug on superman's cape? blush.gifsmirk.gif

VF/NM and priced fair IMO. BINs are fine with me sometimes (no hassle of being outbid). I pull the trigger if it looks right.

You would pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger? Tug on superman's cape? blush.gifsmirk.gif

VF/NM and priced fair IMO. BINs are fine with me sometimes (no hassle of being outbid). I pull the trigger if it looks right.

I make it a point to know my bidding rivals....and their extra IDs! poke2.gif

I make it a point to know my bidding rivals....and their extra IDs! poke2.gif

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer! insane.gif

BINs are fine with me sometimes (no hassle of being outbid). I pull the trigger if it looks right.

I agree...if priced right, BINs are great. Most all my eBay purchases over the last couple of months have been BINs.

Jim

Oh BTW october_fire, Social D Rocks!

709761-skell.jpgheadbang.gif

FINALLY! I was wondering if this board was populated by musical retards. Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell never leaves my player for long. thumbsup2.gif

I had never heard of them.

But Angelina Jolie was wearing that t-shirt in the movie "Life or Something Like It" which was on TV the other night. I was going to post a pic but I can't find one anywhere on the internet. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Anyway... back to our regularly scheduled program.

just read this one tonight...thumbs up

hom186.jpg

Yeah, "Nightmare" is regarded as one of the best BA horror stories.

Hey, man! Don't forget "The Secret of the Egyptian Cat." It is also highly acclaimed as well! (I think both were reprinted in WELCOME BACK...)

Might be one of the best single issue one-two punches in Cain's HoM arsenal. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BTW - I was going to say something about the Social D tag, but I figured people would already know what it was! crazy.gif Is Mike Ness still alive!? I remember watching "Another State of Mind" in the 80's as he wore his hand painted Misfits shirt and swilled alcohol 24-7, and thought that he would never make it to 30. 27_laughing.gif

Edited by precodekeith

just read this one tonight...thumbs up

Yeah, "Nightmare" is regarded as one of the best BA horror stories.

Hey, man! Don't forget "The Secret of the Egyptian Cat." It is also highly acclaimed as well! (I think both were reprinted in WELCOME BACK...)

Might be one of the best single issue one-two punches in Cain's HoM arsenal. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BTW - I was going to say something about the Social D tag, but I figured people would already know what it was! crazy.gif Is Mike Ness still alive!? I remember watching "Another State of Mind" in the 80's as he wore his hand painted Misfits shirt and swilled alcohol 24-7, and thought that he would never make it to 30. 27_laughing.gif

Yeah, the other story is good too, I just couldn't remember the name of it (don't ahve my copy around). Ness is still around. In fact, they just came out with a new studio album, their first in almost a decade.

my only HoM cover (so far)...

hom25927004xv.jpg

Ahhh. A recent acquisition from ebay, no? Very nice. It's hard enough just to get the dollar size comics in a decent grade let alone a nice original art cover like that. thumbsup2.gif

yup, ebay. this is where i find most of my artwork. the dealer websites are out of my price range...(i posted some other pages in the bronze art thread)...

unexpected#197...anyone wanna guess the artist?

unexp197385ee.jpg

Edited by DNAgent

yup, ebay. this is where i find most of my artwork. the dealer websites are out of my price range...

gossip.gif You may be surprised by the amount a dealer is willing to come down off their listed price. I know I was at first. Plus dealers and private sales are where you'll find sweetest stuff...

thank you. i will certainly bargain with dealers.

as for private sales...someone please point me in the right direction.

i would love private transactions, but they are...private...

Checking out boards like this one is a good first step in meeting other original art collectors. The more people who know you and what you collect, the more likely you'll get a shot at something.

Comicartfans.com has a lot of great galleries by other collectors. Some will even have "For Sale" sections. Always worth checking out or even starting your own gallery if you do not have one.

Also, if you haven't already, I would suggest joining the comicart-l yahoo group (I opt for the digest version - easier to manage your inbox that way) to meet others with like collecting interests as well as to be aware of items that aren't going the ebay or auction house route. I am not a long-time original art collector myself and am still learning a lot about it with every deal and contact I make. Good luck.

Comicart-l Group