• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Tenny Henson?

C'mon, Jayman! You are soo funny...trying to be sly and coy by putting that "?" after Tenny Henson. After all, I know you had to check your copy to see who it was; NOBODY has ever even heard of Tenny Henson!!!!! 27_laughing.gif

( kiddin'... the guy drew my all time favorite BA horror story ever!!!) thumbsup2.gif

Tenny Henson?

C'mon, Jayman! You are soo funny...trying to be sly and coy by putting that "?" after Tenny Henson. After all, I know you had to check your copy to see who it was; NOBODY has ever even heard of Tenny Henson!!!!! 27_laughing.gif

( kiddin'... the guy drew my all time favorite BA horror story ever!!!) thumbsup2.gif

Ya caught me! blush.gifdevil.gif

But I had to look as the style was familiar and was driving me crazy! My first true guess was Nestor Rodondo but after looking at one of his stories I knew I had the names mixed up! Btw: what's your all time Fav BA story? And when's a new ish. of HCR comin' out???

Ya caught me! blush.gifdevil.gif

But I had to look as the style was familiar and was driving me crazy! My first true guess was Nestor Rodondo but after looking at one of his stories I knew I had the names mixed up! Btw: what's your all time Fav BA story? And when's a new ish. of HCR comin' out???

Yeah, I thought it was a "Spanish" style artist at first, too. wink.gif

My fave!? That's a no-brainer!

HOPPIN' DOWN THE BUNNY TRAIL - Unexpected 202

hail.gif

My next issue of HCR??!! - well, I can't say! As soon as I can, but I'm pretty bogged down with class, homework, and clinicals right now...... frustrated.gif

i was actually going to guess Tenny because the eyes of the vampire are like the Bunny eyes! Of course, no one will believe me...

Here is a dream piece for me, i could not believe I found it! This is the splash to HOM276 which was the 2nd issue I ever owned as a kid (And the 1st one with a cover, as my 261 was a coverless copy) Of all the luck! It was in a misc pile of art for $20 in 1989 or so at a show in Philly. Now If only I could get the splash to 261 and the one for 280 (My third HOM as a kid) I would be ecstatic! Cain splashes are the only art I would probably buy these days, it means more to me then anything else. I'd take a tanghal Cain over a Wrightson interior anyday given the choice to pick one.

710959-spl.jpg

710959-spl.jpg.b0191067730621004f001ad11bf08405.jpg

Edited by shiverbones

i was actually going to guess Tenny because the eyes of the vampire are like the Bunny eyes! Of course, no one will believe me...

I believe you, Shivs..... and I agree!!! The eyes have that "glow" about them that Hennyson put on the bunny! CREEPY!!! 893whatthe.gif

Here's my #4. Probably just a 7.5 but not bad considering I paid only $28 for the whole set. Nice cover on this one.

711834-Chamber4.jpg

I'd say you got a great buy! Chamber of Darkness and Tower of Shadows are two underrated series. You get art by Steranko, Adams, Smith, Buscema, Wrightson, and great stories with adaptations of Lovecraft, etc. These books get lost in the mix of all those endless Marvel Bronze reprint titles, and new generations of collectors don't know about them, even though they kicked off the beginning of the Bronze Marvel horror genre. Isn't TOS 1 the first Marvel horror comic? These are some of the few Marvel horror books that can hold their own against the DC Bronze books.

Joe

Great deal. It's amazing the stuff we can pick up for next to nothing on Ebay sometimes. As a buyer I cannot complain, it's great. As a seller it's not even worth it sometimes.

I know, I feel the same way. I love getting the deals, but selling can be a real dissapointment. Still pissed about that X-Men 99 in F+ I sold for $3.99. mad.gif

Thought this was kind of funny. This auction has been run over and over again since at least September, I would guess it has been relisted well over 15 times. I always search for "Sinister House" on eBay and I am tempted to buy this just so I won't have to see the damn thing listed again.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=12592&item=6510039210&rd=1

Sweet splash Shiver. Lots of nice inks on that one. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Since I do not post at the same clip as a lot of you guys poke2.gif, I'll have to lower the standards on my "milestone" posts.

100th post and probably my favorite Dominguez cover (at the moment):

Weird Mystery Tales 8

Weird_Mystery_8.jpg

Sweet splash Shiver. Lots of nice inks on that one. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Since I do not post at the same clip as a lot of you guys poke2.gif, I'll have to lower the standards on my "milestone" posts.

100th post and probably my favorite Dominguez cover (at the moment):

Weird Mystery Tales 8

Weird_Mystery_8.jpg

When I first saw this on the web site I nearly 'cause I thought it was for sale!

I would love to have this piece! I think it is one of the best BA Horror covers! cloud9.gif

When I first saw this on the web site I nearly 'cause I thought it was for sale!

I would love to have this piece! I think it is one of the best BA Horror covers! cloud9.gif

Thanks Jayman. When I found out I was going to get it along with two other covers I considered grails, I was pretty excited. The girl is actually a stat over the original art - as I surmise an editorial decision was made to shift her over in the cover for layout/design purposes.

The HOS 110 and WMT 8 are going to be archivally framed and put up on my home office walls when I get a chance.

Here's the third cover I got in the deal. I dig it because of the skeleton masses/stein of beer/decaying sentry elements. The logo stats were missing off this one, so they're replacements and the bottom banner is missing as well.

Ghosts 42

Ghosts_42_small.jpg