• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

Who says Wonder Woman has no place on this thread? This is probably the only book I think I overpaid for at $35. Just had to have it. Don't see too many of these nice copies around.

730565-WW.jpg

SId that's one of those books you just buy if you see it. Its like one of the hail.gif books for WW and horror collectors. Put it this way, I own a copy and wasnt specifically on the look out, but if I had seen it for $35 it would still be in CA as opposed to WA - nice pick up congrats.

What grade do you give the 199 it looks a tad better than Donut's, no offense FD

Well, I just gave it a thorough examination. It would be a VF+ but I just noticed (hard to see) Christo_pull_hair.gif it has a 1/2" tear to the left of the "D" on the top left corner. I didn't buy this one to sell so it doesn't bother me too much. If it was a flip I'd be frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif. But I'm really just Christo_pull_hair.gif now.

OK, one last Wondercon WW for ya'. I figure that since this book has scary dogs on the cover that it may be considered "horror" although that is not what caught my eye on this cover. devil.gif Just a VG+ copy I picked up for $8 since I liked the cover.

730673-203.jpg

P.S. take notice, this is the Women's Lib issue. Go get one fer' yer' girlfriends.

730673-203.jpg.2e5572a67df7d4f712d7de998e982f00.jpg

Yet again...it seems this thread has become a little too DC centric. So some nice horror Marvels that arrived in the mail today to take a gander at. And some that haven't been posted in quite some time...

Journey into Mystery #2 One of the best Gil Kane covers of the Bronze Age in my opinion. thumbsup2.gif

jim2.jpg

Jim

One thing I liked about the Marvel BA horror titles that WEREN'T reprints is that they were making great use of some fine horror short stories such as that Robert Bloch yarn. Really makes for quality reading for those of us who still do that...Sturgeon, Howard, and Lovecraft are some other superb authors that pop to mind who had stories adapted. Roy Thomas sure was making good use of his old pulps! thumbsup2.gif

BTW - If I can ever get HCR 5 out in print, it will have some never before published original art by Gil Kane. He was a fine craftsman capable of any genre IMO.

One thing I liked about the Marvel BA horror titles that WEREN'T reprints is that they were making great use of some fine horror short stories such as that Robert Bloch yarn. Really makes for quality reading for those of us who still do that...Sturgeon, Howard, and Lovecraft are some other superb authors that pop to mind who had stories adapted. Roy Thomas sure was making good use of his old pulps! thumbsup2.gif

BTW - If I can ever get HCR 5 out in print, it will have some never before published original art by Gil Kane. He was a fine craftsman capable of any genre IMO.

Whoah...an Unexpected 202 wasn't posted and you decided to poke your head into here! poke2.gif