• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,919 posts in this topic

Very cool cover, and yup somewhat similar. I will pick one up soon.

A reader's copy maybe screwy.gif

I think I can probably do a little better than a reading copy 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Very cool cover, and yup somewhat similar. I will pick one up soon.

A reader's copy maybe screwy.gif

I think I can probably do a little better than a reading copy 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Everything is going exactly as planned..... poke2.gif

BTW, since nikos has showed me the error of my scanning ways, every image I've posted will no longer work when I delete the pix (soon). I have to rescan now because I was consuming way more disk space than I should've and I'm up to my max. I should've known better but was too lazy to experiment with my scanner software to maximize disk consumption.

I'm thinking about starting a "show me your... 893blahblah.gif" type thread for reposting and keep THIS thread primarily on discussion only. Thoughts?

I'm thinking about starting a "show me your... 893blahblah.gif" type thread for reposting and keep THIS thread primarily on discussion only. Thoughts?

Why? You've already posted them...why do it a second time unless a thread call for it. I don't think there a needs to be a special "Show Me" thread just so people can repost what they already posted once... insane.gif:

Actually the thought process behind this escapes me... screwy.gif

Jim

Let's try this again.

I was looking at this thread to become more content driven, and not concentrate on the covers. If there are NEW covers to post, maybe we can (as a group) post them in a new thread, or simply do what we have been doing (posting in this one). I was not going to re-post my scans to a new thread, but in effect they will all disappear after I delete them. I'm sure some will say that this action alone will improve this thread.

My main concern was keeping the thread valid with the covers posted. Does this make more sense?

Just tell me which one works for you. I just hate that I have to delete those scans, cause I worked to keep the links valid for the most part.

I'm leaning towards simply deleting the pics, making them invalid here, and we simply ignore that fact and move on. Just wanted to get opinions, not accusations about my thought process. We all know I'm challenged in that dept insane.gif

If the pics are hosted, it will just replace them as long as you name the new scans exactly the same as the old ones.

No need to repost them.

For the record, I like having everything in the one thread.

I don't mind looking at the same issue multiple times if it is a new purchase.

I like a flurry of scans breaking up the lack of content on slow days. cloud9.gif

It's like one stop shopping for all your horror needs.

Shop smart...Shop "S-Mart". 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah, the problem is that my host provider determines a name automatically on the server, and I have no control over that. So, new names will be generated, therefore creating broken links for existing URLs posted.

We have two votes for "keeping it the way it is and who cares about the broken image links".

We have two votes for "keeping it the way it is".

And one vote for shopping at "S-Mart". cloud9.gif

Sucks about your scan names.

You could always go back and edit your old posts with the new url. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You could always go back and edit your old posts with the new url. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1. Rrrrriiiggghhhtttt....edit 1,000 posts or so.... insane.gif

2. I can't do that anyway, since there is a time limit on editing posts.

GO S-MART! GO S-MART!

yay.gifheadbang.gifyay.gifheadbang.gifyay.gifheadbang.gif

That's where I got my 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. You can find it in the sporting goods department. That's right, it was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan; retails for about one hundred nine, ninety-five. cloud9.gif

I don't know about you guys, but I have no problem with somebody reposting the same scans over and over again, or various people showing their copies of the same book. I've seen these scans before, several times, I don't know about you guys but I rarely ever backtrack or read previous pages. For the most part I read all the new posts and that's it. I'm not pulling my copies out of my boxes every day (rarely ever actually) so in seeing the same books pop up here and there in new posts is cool by me. You guys can scan in the same exact Wrightson/Adams covers every day and I'll still enjoy them every time I see them.

Sometimes the comments and jokes get old, the covers of these bronze age beauties always look good to me.

Ya Pov saw it at WonderCon and agreed that it was a 9.6 for sure. There is one spine stress that does not break color, the LLC looks a lot worse in the scan than in person you could slice bread on the other 3 corners, Even though I bought more expensive books at WonderCon it was my Cherry Pick for Friday morning before the public got there. cloud9.gif

This one's never coming out. cloud9.gif

Let's try this again.

OK...I understand what you're getting at now...

I think you should just leave well enough alone. Cover scans are just a function of this thread and have been since the beginning. I'm sure if the need arises, you can just repost a scan. I'm not sure how many people are willing to go back and relook at this entire thread anyway...

If you break it up...both will be missing something...

Just my opinion though...

Jim

Let's try this again.

OK...I understand what you're getting at now...

I think you should just leave well enough alone. Cover scans are just a function of this thread and have been since the beginning. I'm sure if the need arises, you can just repost a scan. I'm not sure how many people are willing to go back and relook at this entire thread anyway...

If you break it up...both ill be missing something...

Just my opinion though...

Jim

I agree. thumbsup2.gif

That's where I got my 12-gauge double-barreled Remington. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. You can find it in the sporting goods department. That's right, it was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan; retails for about one hundred nine, ninety-five. cloud9.gif

27_laughing.gif Sorry, I missed out on the reparte. But I like to actually sleep at night. tongue.gif

"This is my BOOM STICK!" headbang.gif

10101910.jpg

BTW - I also would vote to keep the BA horror in one thread. hi.gif