• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

It's beneficial to be looser at the high $ books. Metro is all over the place with their grading. I have found them to be a little tighter with HG BA on more recently aqcuired books. My rule with them is, if something's been on the site for a while, avoid it. If it's new, it's probably more accurately graded. confused-smiley-013.gif

It's beneficial to be looser at the high $ books. Metro is all over the place with their grading. I have found them to be a little tighter with HG BA on more recently aqcuired books. My rule with them is, if something's been on the site for a while, avoid it. If it's new, it's probably more accurately graded. confused-smiley-013.gif

A NM/M House of Secrets book from Metro came back graded a CGC VF/NM 9.0. I would've settled for a NM 9.4, but this takes the cake. I don't think I will buy any more raw books from them until I hear they have tightened up...

I've recently tried MileHigh and LoneStar and have found their bronze grading much tighter than in recent years... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I've recently tried MileHigh and LoneStar and have found their bronze grading much tighter than in recent years... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Surely you're kidding.

The Bronze "NM" books I bought from Milehigh ranged from 6.0 to 8.0.

And the 8.0 was pretty generous on my part.

I've never seen anything on Lonestar worth buying. I know I met the owner at WW Dallas last year, and he was a royal .

foreheadslap.gif

Surely you're kidding.

The Bronze "NM" books I bought from Milehigh ranged from 6.0 to 8.0.

And the 8.0 was pretty generous on my part.

I've never seen anything on Lonestar worth buying. I know I met the owner at WW Dallas last year, and he was a royal .

foreheadslap.gif

I bought some "NM" bronze war and horror books from Lone Star this year and all were overgraded. Most were FN as I recall. I'll never order from them again, that was a test order of 10 or so books.

Mile High is better with the caveat that they too overgrade, it's just not been as bad IMO. If I order a "NM" from them on sale expecting a VF book, I am usually not disappointed - and sometimes pretty happy with what I get for my dollar. I still do not order from them much, but when you are eyeing that issue or two you need to finish up a run, its hard not to take that chance once in a while.

Surely you're kidding.

I'm with ya...and my attitude has changed only with the last purchase experience. I've been a rather negative element with both companies, but I tried them again recently and found it a worthwhile experience.

My statement is based on a recent "try" order after 3 years. I was surprised. I placed another order. If lightning strikes twice, I'll be happy. Stay tuned.

I can tell you I've been able to take BA horror books from Lonestar and have them grade CGC 9.0 to 9.4...which is nice considering their prices haven't escalated. Milehigh's prices have seem to skyrocketed as compared to purchases I made years ago (and relative to Lonestar's increases).

BTW, please elaborate on the Lonestar owner..what's his name?

My rule with them is, if something's been on the site for a while, avoid it. If it's new, it's probably more accurately graded. confused-smiley-013.gif

That's pretty much a good rule to follow for any website. With my last Metro order I returned several "NM" bronze books that were 9.0 tops, but yet there they remain on their site with a "NM" grade... foreheadslap.gif

My rule with them is, if something's been on the site for a while, avoid it. If it's new, it's probably more accurately graded. confused-smiley-013.gif

That's pretty much a good rule to follow for any website. With my last Metro order I returned several "NM" bronze books that were 9.0 tops, but yet there they remain on their site with a "NM" grade... foreheadslap.gif

Ohhhhhh, don't leave us hanging. Do tell............. gossip.gif

Hmmm...I don't remember all the books, but Hulk 147 NM was one for sure because it took me forever to find a nice copy and when I thought I "found" one on Metro, I was pretty psyched, only to have a dud show up in my mailbox! mad.gif

Hmmm...I don't remember all the books, but Hulk 147 NM was one for sure because it took me forever to find a nice copy and when I thought I "found" one on Metro, I was pretty psyched, only to have a dud show up in my mailbox! mad.gif

Besides overgrading, a big issue I have with Metro lately is getting books that have been damaged in the mail. Scrunched up, impacted corners. I read in another thread someone else had the same problem. frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Besides overgrading, a big issue I have with Metro lately is getting books that have been damaged in the mail. Scrunched up, impacted corners. I read in another thread someone else had the same problem. frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

I nearly had a big shipping damage problem with one of my orders from them several years ago - they sent the books in open-top mylars sandwiched between cardboard, and the whole "sandwich" taped together. The books could have easily slid out of the Mylar and gotten caught on the top as it's happened to me before ( 893naughty-thumb.gif), but fortunately in this case my gems arrived safely. thumbsup2.gif

Surely you're kidding.

I'm with ya...and my attitude has changed only with the last purchase experience. I've been a rather negative element with both companies, but I tried them again recently and found it a worthwhile experience.

My statement is based on a recent "try" order after 3 years. I was surprised. I placed another order. If lightning strikes twice, I'll be happy. Stay tuned.

I can tell you I've been able to take BA horror books from Lonestar and have them grade CGC 9.0 to 9.4...which is nice considering their prices haven't escalated. Milehigh's prices have seem to skyrocketed as compared to purchases I made years ago (and relative to Lonestar's increases).

BTW, please elaborate on the Lonestar owner..what's his name?

Buddy Sanders [saunders?] used to own it. Has or had about 6/7

brick and mortar stores in and around the Dallas area. 20 or so years

ago he was a semi=regular on the show circut here in the south.

Never was afraid to spend the money and recoup a return. Bought several

of my high dollar show stock books back then, and was a skilled salesman.

He could flip a waffle with his eyebrows.

The books could have easily slid out of the Mylar and gotten caught on the top as it's happened to me before ( 893naughty-thumb.gif)

Damn that Greggy. mad.gif

27_laughing.gif893whatthe.gif

Well just got back from the new Oakland and will write about it in Events. Overall, not a single pre-code horror book did I buy. Prices were still way too high. I picked up a few DC BA Horror but mostly hit the superhero titles with horror elements. MAN - is Wonder Woman in a drought or what? Half of the dealers I hit had empty WW slots. Anyway, the first of eight (sorry). Bondage and a pre-code horror feel.

ww221.jpg