• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

Hi. I just received this little three issue series in the mail today. This 3rd issue of Web Of Horror is what Overstreet says is the first published cover by Wrightson, published in 1970. Nice little series that I had never even heard of before seeing this set listed by Calm-mix.

Sid,

You really need to check out the Mag section more. hi.gif

Web of Horror Mags

Hi. I just received this little three issue series in the mail today. This 3rd issue of Web Of Horror is what Overstreet says is the first published cover by Wrightson, published in 1970. Nice little series that I had never even heard of before seeing this set listed by Calm-mix.

846300-Web.jpg

893whatthe.gifhail.gif

FINALLY, got a nice looking MS 2. Paid $26 and it looks like a VF, but there is a bit of rust migration by the BC staples, so I would only give it a 6.5/7.0. Still, I am very happy right now. cloud9.gif

MS22.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com

IMO this is one of the tougher minor keys to find in HG, I have seen alot of crappy overpriced issues and very few copies that have anywhere near the presentation quality that I am looking for.

IMO this is one of the tougher minor keys to find in HG, I have seen alot of crappy overpriced issues and very few copies that have anywhere near the presentation quality that I am looking for.

I have looked at a lot of them on eBay and most have had a lot of general wear, soft corners, edge stress, ect. It's a tough squarebound and the staples tend to poke through to the front cover. Distributor overspray also seems pretty prevalent, as well as ink transfer, which is VERY common on this book.

Although my new copy is not a technical high grade, it presents very well and has solid eye appeal. I doubt I will be looking to upgrade for a long while.

FINALLY, got a nice looking MS 2. Paid $26 and it looks like a VF, but there is a bit of rust migration by the BC staples, so I would only give it a 6.5/7.0. Still, I am very happy right now. cloud9.gif

I would be toasted to find a copy that looks like that at a price like that.

Well done!

So in the end, you settled for less than VF. 893naughty-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

Glad you finally got one. thumbsup2.gif

Of course, it's not as nice as my 9.0. devil.gif

poke2.gif

Thanks. Took long enough! Check your PM...

poke2.gif

Check your PM.

poke2.gif

Check your PM.

Check your PM again. poke2.gif

WOW Sid! That #3 is a BEYOTCH to find that nice! Almost every copy I see has horrible rubbing and/ or moisture problems. Truly one of the nicest I have seen! 893whatthe.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Hey stranger! hi.gifgrin.gif