• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,915 posts in this topic

Wow Weird, those are very, very nice. The HOS 110 has always been one of my favorites. My dad had that issue when i was a little boy (he bought it new) and it always gave me the creeps while still being drawn to it. I have the copy now, worn though it is, but i can't imagine having the original art. I am very impressed. How long has it been in your possesssion?

Thanks, I was able to get it earlier this year from another collector. It took a couple of months for my framer to fit me in since I wanted the whole archival treatment and she was busy.

I have one or two more LD covers I would like to purchase, but with OA you never know when/if they are going to be available. A Kaluta or Wrightson cover would be awesome, but they are out of my league price-wise.

I just saw Kaluta's HOM 201 cover has gone back up for grabs on comicart-l. Asking price is somewhere north of 5 Gs...

You know I like 'em! thumbsup2.gifhail.gif

Beautifully framed too with all the production notes, crops, and registration marks! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Oh yeah, the first thing the framer wanted to do was crop out all the production stuff. I was like, "No way!"

I still have to decide on whether to frame the Ghosts 42 or not. I get more emails/compliments about that one than the HOS and WMT combined. confused-smiley-013.gif

You know I like 'em! thumbsup2.gifhail.gif

Beautifully framed too with all the production notes, crops, and registration marks! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Oh yeah, the first thing the framer wanted to do was crop out all the production stuff. I was like, "No way!"

I still have to decide on whether to frame the Ghosts 42 or not. I get more emails/compliments about that one than the HOS and WMT combined. confused-smiley-013.gif

That's because the Ghosts # 42 cover is just pure cloud9.gif

Sell it to me! sumo.gif

Wow Weird, those are very, very nice. The HOS 110 has always been one of my favorites. My dad had that issue when i was a little boy (he bought it new) and it always gave me the creeps while still being drawn to it. I have the copy now, worn though it is, but i can't imagine having the original art. I am very impressed. How long has it been in your possesssion?

Thanks, I was able to get it earlier this year from another collector. It took a couple of months for my framer to fit me in since I wanted the whole archival treatment and she was busy.

I have one or two more LD covers I would like to purchase, but with OA you never know when/if they are going to be available. A Kaluta or Wrightson cover would be awesome, but they are out of my league price-wise.

I just saw Kaluta's HOM 201 cover has gone back up for grabs on comicart-l. Asking price is somewhere north of 5 Gs...

The HOM 201 cover is one of my favorites; I love the baby demon's expression. But, 5k is pretty pricey. Is that a realistic price range for his covers? confused-smiley-013.gif

The HOM 201 cover is one of my favorites; I love the baby demon's expression. But, 5k is pretty pricey. Is that a realistic price range for his covers? confused-smiley-013.gif

The seller referenced this Kaluta sale when mentioning his price expectations:

Kaluta Cover on Heritage

I guess it's a really fair price. That cover is from 1984, and is Bold Adventures #3 from Pacific Comics. Kaluta's Shadow pages have sold on Heritage for $1500-$3500. Now, where did I put that $5k I had lying around? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The seller referenced this Kaluta sale when mentioning his price expectations:

Kaluta Cover on Heritage

I guess it's a really fair price. That cover is from 1984, and is Bold Adventures #3 from Pacific Comics. Kaluta's Shadow pages have sold on Heritage for $1500-$3500. Now, where did I put that $5k I had lying around? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was not sure what his horror covers were going for to tell you the truth and thought $5k was a tad high for a starting price as well. But I really have nothing solid to base that opinion on. I do know that the art for the Detective 423 cover sold for under $5k, I believe, last year or the year before through one of the major OA auction sites (I forget which - if someone has a link to the auction that would be cool). You can see it here: 'Tec 423

I think that was a bargain comparatively and wish I had seen it. I would have been tempted to break my self-imposed limit on OA/comic spending. That is my favorite Kaluta cover of any genre...

Just thinking about BA horror again as always, thought I would posit a question for discussion here. If HOM and HOS are the big two IE the Pepsi and Coke of BA Horror. What the third title? What is the Snapple of the BA horror genre? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just thinking about BA horror again as always, thought I would posit a question for discussion here. If HOM and HOS are the big two IE the Pepsi and Coke of BA Horror. What the third title? What is the Snapple of the BA horror genre? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Excluding Marvels I'd go for Witching Hour.

And I think the Unexpected is underrated........