• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

$3 A POP!!!!!! G'DANG!

Man, that's like walking back in time. Either your LCS owner is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, or all this business about bronze being overpriced is true.

I've bought books like that in San Diego for $6-10 bucks, but I really had to pick through a lot of dealers. Nice scores all around.

Well done

Shep

Sorry Sterling, I have to seriously bid on this book. Its the best looking copy I've ever seen.

By the way that HOS 88 looks just awesome. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DON-ROSA-PEDIGREE-Ho...1QQcmdZViewItem

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif For once in my life, I really, really wish I had the dollars to buy slabbed high grade. Good luck guys, that is one SWEEEEET book. hail.gif Looks like it has perfect registration as well! hail.gifhail.gif

With the bidding already at $751, I'm really scared what it will go to. I suspect all of the players may get involved: donger, redf1, serpi, Chris Bell, etc.

And this is already $300 more than what was paid for the 9.6 copy (with the less than perfect registration).

If you see me suddenly dumping my books, you'll know why makepoint.gif

Let's get this party started! crazy.gif

I suspect my chances are slim. Considering most of the big names still need this book and its a cherry looking copy. Also if anyones thinking the 9.2 copy. Well, there's only 1 and it has C/OW pages. For 9.0 copies theres 2 and Greggy cracked his Northland. There are no 8.5's

Edited by Rip

I suspect my chances are slim. Considering most of the big names still need this book and its a cherry looking copy. Also if anyones thinking the 9.2 copy. Well, there's only 1 and it has C/OW pages. For 9.0 copies there 2 and Greggy cracked his Northland.

I suspect I'm in the same boat that you are. I sold a raw 8.5 copy in recent months and have sorely regretted it.

For once in my life, I really, really wish I had the dollars to buy slabbed high grade.

Don't catch the fever, Andy. There is no cure. 27_laughing.gif

With a book like that, it's hard to resist. I don't generally get excited about high grade stuff, but I know first hand how much of a biitch that book is to find in nice shape. I can't even FIND an 8.0, let alone for a decent price. mad.gif Hope it goes to one of you two guys. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

For once in my life, I really, really wish I had the dollars to buy slabbed high grade.

Don't catch the fever, Andy. There is no cure. 27_laughing.gif

With a book like that, it's hard to resist. I don't generally get excited about high grade stuff, but I know first hand how much of a biitch that book is to find in nice shape. I can't even FIND an 8.0, let alone for a decent price. mad.gif Hope it goes to one of you two guys. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Sure, that's a nice book. But let's says it sells for $1,000. Just think how many other really nice surrounding books you can buy with that grand in 9.0 raw instead. That's the way I see it at least. If I was going to spend a grand on a book, it would be something where I could feel I got better value for my money. I just don't see the value in a book like this. But I realize it is not all about value, that's just the way I rationalize things personally. Quality counts, sure, so does rarety. I guess it is all about what it more important to each individual. But it's those minute differences in quality 9.0/9.4 that baffle me in how they affect price/value. confused-smiley-013.gif

i kinda agree with Sid...i do need to actively stop myself each time, from purchasing those highgrade beauties though...must not...buy!!! it hurts! i look at it as 1000$ on a comic or two, vs. pages of artwork from bronze horror/mystery (which go for 25$-150$ ish), or a cover, which can go from $400 to thousands...i'd take a dominguez cover for 4-500$ over any cgc comic in that price range with no thought at all...

oh cool, we are on page 666 !! ! ! !!

let me post my House of Mystery which i just closed on today!!!

thehouseofmystery3at.jpgyay.gif

Edited by DNAgent