• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

nothing left smile.gif just the stragglers up now. can't find your email, drop me a line. hope all's well!

All we need to do is look at a book long enough to be categorized as such...it's amazing looking at my raw "NM" books just several years ago.

wait! fun with horror comics that won't cost me $300 per? bring it on sterling! takeit.gif

List some more books. hi.gif

I'd prefer that you buy mine. flowerred.gif

I have my eye on about 5 books but I'm waiting until Highgrade lists that new collection and also deciding on how much I want to take to the New York show at the end of Feb. We'll see. thumbsup2.gif

Kaluta was amazing - whatever happened to him?? confused-smiley-013.gif

cloud9.gif

He ain't dead yet! Have you checked out this link? The About me section is feature rich with his history and recent work. Did you know: Berni and Kaluta were roommates/studiomates for a number of years?

BTW, I'm going to ask if he would be interested in an interview for us fans.

Neal Adams used sound effects in his art to send subliminal messages to Julie Schwartz to get MWK back to DC:

kalooota-noise.gif

1062447-forbiddentalesofdarkmansion_08_cgc_9_6_white_0134816001_a.jpg

1062447-forbiddentalesofdarkmansion_08_cgc_9_6_white_0134816001_a.jpg.d34de3ddf8776b634fc90fe6dcbbc3d6.jpg

All in all a title deserving of more respect, and interesting enough, these issues currently can be picked up rather cheaply.

He also just did some beautiful interior sequences in the "Tower of the Elephant" storyline in Dark Horse's Conan. It was issue 22 I believe.

Nice books. Do you have a scan of the 9.6 Weird War 13. I love that book cloud9.gif

Tons of CGC copies have surfaced lately (at least 3)...purchased this raw from bobcat.

by request

1060596-weirdwartales_013_cgc_9_6_white_0134816008_a.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gif I may have to pick one up.

Thanks for the scan. Yea there was an overgraded 9.0 and the two 9.6's. Yours and the one I got. Now I need a decent 12.

All in all a title deserving of more respect, and interesting enough, these issues currently can be picked up rather cheaply.

He also just did some beautiful interior sequences in the "Tower of the Elephant" storyline in Dark Horse's Conan. It was issue 22 I believe.

He had been doing covers for Lucifer(DC/Vertigo) last time, I looked.

He had been doing covers for Lucifer(DC/Vertigo) last time, I looked.

Thanks everyone - glad to see he's still around. I just checked out the Lucifer covers on Ebay, and they're amazing too! yay.gif

Seems like he did some covers for DC's 'Books of Magic' series that ended a few years ago...

He seems to always be doing something!

These 3 issues are not exactly Bronze Horror but since they contain one of my favorite DC Bronze age characters (Deadman) I feel that it qualifies.

The DC crew on these 3 issues tried something pretty cool, they lead off with an Aquaman story (handled by Steve Skeats - -script, Jim Aparo -Art) and have it tie in with the backup Deadman story (story/art - Neal Adams). Did I mention that all 3 covers are courtesy of Nick Cardy? Sounds good to me already!

1063602-Aquaman%2350.jpg

Our story starts off as Ocean Master contacts Aliens to get rid of Aquaman, since he apparently can’t do it on his own. They arrive abruptly and zap him with a mysterious device. The title “City on the edge of Nowhere!” might sound familiar to some Star Trek fans and I’ve come to think that Skeats infused this story arc with some “Trek” elements starting off with borrowing the title from a first season Star Trek episode “City on the Edge of Forever”, but more about that later…

1063602-Aquaman%2350AM.jpg

This issue was published in 1970 and the art and -script are full of psychedelic scenes and lingo from that era – it’s great!

1063602-Aquaman%2350DM.jpg

Aparo did some cool things with some panels too, including incorporating the editor’s name ( Giordano) into the background then again with apparently the whole DC staff as seen in the bigger panel. This was very cool to find! Just some names that stand out: Toth, Wrightson, Orlando, Adams, Heath, Kane, and Kubert!

1063602-Aquaman%2350Names.jpg

589a8c42eb3ba_1063602-Aquaman50DM.jpg.79fb45a9bce8f8ff04514c0dde329a57.jpg